Super RSS Reader is jQuery based RSS reader widget, which displays the RSS feeds in the widget in an attractive way. It uses the jQuery easy ticker plugin to add a news ticker like effect to the RSS feeds. Multiple RSS feeds can be added for a single widget and they get separated in tabs.
The plugin is fully customizable with external styles and with some inbuilt color styles. It acts as a perfect replacement for the default RSS widget in WordPress.
- jQuery news ticker like effect to the RSS feeds (can turn off or on)
- Tabs support, if multiple RSS feeds are added in a single widget.
- (NEW) Displays thumbnail to the feed items if available.
- Customizable with Inbuilt color styles and with external CSS styles.
- (NEW) Customizable ticker speed.
- Add multiple RSS feeds in a page with a ticker effect.
- (NEW) Support for full or rich description.
- Supports RSS or atom feed.
- Can strip title and description text of the feed item.
- Can tweak the widget to change the no of visible feed items and more…
- New: jQuery ticker script is now loaded locally.
- Fix: Minor style adjustments to the admin widget.
- New: Support for “no follow” attribute in links.
- Fix: Readme with updated FAQ.
- New: Ability to set fixed height for the RSS widget.
- Fix: Cleaned widget UI, reordered options.
- Fix: Code refactoring.
- Added feature to change individual tab titles/names.
- Added feature to enable rich or full description.
- Fixed feed ordering issues.
- Updated jQuery easy ticker plugin to v2.0.
- Minor code revisions.
- Added feature to cut down/strip feed titles.
- Added a new ‘Simple modern’ color style.
- Fixed incompatibility of other jQuery plugins due to the usage of the latest version of jQuery.
- Displays “thumbnail” of the feed item if available.
- Added setting to change ticker speed.
- Added setting to edit the “Read more” text.
- Default styles are revised.
- Switched to full size ticker code.
- Core code revised.
- Added option to open links in new window.
- Changed the method to include the scripts and styles.
- Added a new ‘Orange’ color style.
- Core code is completely rewritten.
- Flash RSS Reader is removed and instead jQuery is used.
- Administration panel used in the previous version is removed and settings are configured in the widget itself.