Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi all,

I have Ultimate floating widgets – Pro version 2.5 in use on my website. We renewed the same license yesterday, and from my WordPress admin I clicked on the “Refresh” button on the Ultimate floating widgets > License & Updates page. The “Latest updates available till” changed as expected to be a later date, but the page still shows the current version as 2.5, and not version 2.8.

I followed the steps to update it, shown on page https://www.aakashweb.com/blog/ultimate-floating-widgets-2-8-release/, by navigating to Dashboard > Updates in my WordPress administration portal, but the plugin still shows it is the 2.5 version.

Why is the plugin not updated to 2.8?

Hi Jason,

Thanks for using UFW – PRO plugin.

WordPress caches the latest version of the plugin and it might take few hours for the change to update. Since the key has expired previously, there might be

Can you please go to Dashboard -> Updates and click the “refresh” button?
    This will fetch the latest version for all the plugins.

Please wait for couple of hours for the plugin to be listed on that page.

If in case the plugin still shows the old version, in the “renewal order details” email you can find the link to download the latest version of the plugin. You can download the zip file and upload it manually.

Hope this helps 🙂

Thanks,
    Aakash

[email protected]
    Participant

Hi Aakash, my WordPress > Dashboard > Updates page doesn’t have a Refresh button. Is it supposed to? The site is hosted on WPEngine using Smart Plugin Manager…

Json

Hi Jason,

My apologize. I actually meant the “check again” link below the “current version” line in dashboard > updates page.

Current version: 6.4.3
    Last checked on March 23, 2024 at 12:38 am GMT+0530. Check again.

Can you please check that again?

Thanks,
    Aakash

Hi Jason,

My apologize. I actually meant the “check again” link below the “current version” line in dashboard > updates page.

Current version: 6.4.3
    Last checked on March 23, 2024 at 12:38 am GMT+0530. Check again.

Can you please check that again?

Thanks,
    Aakash

[email protected]
    Participant

Hi Aakash. I clicked the “Check again” link on that page. That page tells me there is a new version available for the Gravity Forms plugin, but that page doesn’t mention anything about Ultimate floating widgets – Pro.

I then went back to my WordPress plugins page and in the list of installed plugins, it says the Ultimate floating widgets – Pro plugin is still version 2.5 and not the latest version 🙁

Hi Jason,

Apologize for the inconvinence. I’m not sure why the update is not shown. It may take a while.

But, can you please install the latest version manually for now?

In the “renewal order details” email you can find the link to download the latest version of the plugin. You can download the zip file, deactivate and delete the existing version in “plugins” page and upload the latest zip file to install.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Aakash

[email protected]
    Participant

I’ll wait a week, hopefully the plugin is working by then

Jason

Hi Jason,
    Sure, please update me on how it goes.

Thanks,
    Aakash

[email protected]
    Participant

Hi Aakash, I just checked and followed these same steps again, and no luck. Looks like the plugin is still not working 🙁

I will contact my web hosting company and see if they are aware of any known problems updating this plugin.

Jason

Hi Jason,

Can you please install the latest version using the steps below?

In the “renewal order details” email you can find the link to download the latest version of the plugin. You can download the zip file, deactivate and delete the existing version in “plugins” page and upload the latest zip file to install.

Thanks,
    Aakash

Hi Jason,

Could you please share the latest on if you were able to upgrade the plugin manually using the zip?

Feel free to let me know if you face any issue on that.

Thanks,
    Aakash

[email protected]
    Participant

Aakash, I love your plugin, it is well-written and clean.

I have close to 30 plugins in use on my website, and there are updates to at least 3-4 of those plugins released every single week.

I don’t want to have to manually install those updates every single time they become available.

Thankfully I can simply click to update the plugin to the latest version from within WordPress, saving me time to focus on other things.

Does the Pro version of this plugin not have that ability? Or is it not working?

Hi Jason,

Yes the PRO version does support automatic upgrades.

If the license key is active then the plugin should show the update.
    I’m not sure what is blocking that on your website.

I guess you have the license key already active.

Unless I have manually check your site as an admin user, I can figure out what the issue is.

Could you please create a temp administrator account and share it’s creds with me to login and check the issue?

You can share the details in my contact form below.

Contact

Thanks,
    Aakash

[email protected]
    Participant

I can’t grant admin access to the current live site, but I just spun up a new site to help with the troubleshooting.

I just sent the credentials via the contact form above. Please let me know how it goes.

I logged a ticket with my webhost (WPEngine), and they weren’t aware of anything that would block the update from appearing. They said the CLI indicated that there was no update available for this plugin.

Jason

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘Updating Ultimate floating widgets – Pro from version 2.5 to 2.8 isn’t working’ is closed to new replies.

Subscribe for updates

Get updates on the WordPress plugins, tips and tricks to enhance your WordPress experience. No spam. View newsletter