Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi, it seems the layout is not saved when there are multiple messages ( can not set the layout to Ticker (Horizontal scroll) which is supposed to show the announces as slider? It’s wired because I think it once worked but now the layout setting gets back to the first option ( same row ) and is not savable. I even tried to disable any cache plugin but didn’t help.How can we have the messages slide in this case? Thanks

Hi Sayn,

It looks like you had multiple messages previously and now you want to switch to ticket layout.

Can you switch to “code editor” and remove all the “< -- message -->” tags?

This should allow the ticker layout.

Thanks,
    Aakash

Sayn
    Participant

Hi, first I started with single message activated with sliding effect (Horizontal scroll) and then tried to add more messages, then after updating it changed the layout by itself and is not savable anymore ( when having multiple messages )
    I’m not sure how to switch to “code editor” and remove all the “< — message –>” tags.
    Could you please provide step by step guidance? Thanks in advance

Sayn
    Participant

Sorry first I did not understand what you mean by code editor. Yes I removed the tags and it seems solved the layout change is savable but all the messages are showing on top of each other? Not in a row.

Hi Sayn,

Glad that you figured out the cause.

Regarding the announcement beign displayed in multiple lines, you need to ensure there are no “line breaks” or new paragraphs.

You can switch to the “text editor”, remove any <p> tags and ensure the announcements are in the same line.

Thanks,
    Aakash

Minh Tran
    Participant

I have the same problem.
    After removing <p> tags, multiple messages become single message. Then scrolling feature becomes useless.
    You need to update your plugin so that scrolling feature can display multiple messages with option “Random” as well, because single text length may be very long, random multiple messages help in some cases.

Thanks, Aaakask.

Minh Tran

Hi Minh,

The “multiple messages” feature works as a “slider”.

For the “horizontal scroll” (ticker) to work, please remove all “<-- message -->” tags after switching to “text editor”.

Once this is done, you should be able to pick “ticker” layout.

Thanks,
    Aakash

Sayn
    Participant

Hi,
    So basically we can’t have multiple messages when using the “horizontal scroll” (ticker) layout ?
    To be honest that’s the reason I have purchased this plugin, I thought it’s possible. Could you please consider implementing this feature ? Thanks

Hi Sayn,

Yes you can add multiple messages with horizontal ticker manually.

All you need to do is, type your messages in one line. Separate the messages with a big space or hyphen ( or custom image). This way you can have multiple messages.

The dedicated multiple messages button is for the slider.

Thanks,
    Aakash

Sayn
    Participant

Hi,
    I understand, how can we add some text and the countdown timer together in the same line? It shows in two lines for mobile devices no matter how I try ( text size – text length etc..) Thanks again

Hi Sayn,

Yes that is expected. The countdown timer is in a different column. So on small screens it switches back to a new line.

This is designed because, most users have long message hence it makes sense to put the timer on a new line. Otherwise it will look ugly.

If you want to show in same line, we can do it via CSS. Please share the page where the announcement is added, I’ll have a look and suggest the changes.

Thanks,
    Aakash

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Subscribe for updates

Get updates on the WordPress plugins, tips and tricks to enhance your WordPress experience. No spam. View newsletter