Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi there,

I’m very much willing to buy you a cup of coffee for your help 🙂 As we all know, you changed the parameter rule to something like “sc name =”***”” and that affected my existing shortcode – since then, I have not been able to edit mine because, as I assume, my title was not aligned with the new rule. Even when I edit the title to something compatible, after hitting update, it does not save any edit.

The problem is I had already implemented this code to a bunch of pages and editing this shortcode is imperative. Please help me to edit the old shortcode. Here’s the message I get when I try to edit and update the change: https://prnt.sc/pwd4ci

Best,
    Shunya

Hi Shunya,

The rule is use the characters a-z, A-Z, _ and -.

This change was made long time before. It looks like you are upgrading from an very old version.

Currently there is no feature in shortcoder to scan all the posts and identify the usage.
    It would be beyond the scope of the plugin.

You have to delete this shortcode and create a new one with the new content.

You can search for the shortcode by old name in posts page using the search box. Then you have to manually search, replace and update the post with the new name. I understand it is a painful task, but this change is needed to bring in a standard and set some rules in the allowed characters.

Hope you understand.

Thanks,
    Aakash

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Subscribe for updates

Get updates on the WordPress plugins, tips and tricks to enhance your WordPress experience. No spam. View newsletter