Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi Aakash,

Our entire blog (http://demoshelter.typaldos.com) is down, apparently due to the Shortcoder update. Even the wp-login.php is inaccessible with the following error:

Fatal error: Can’t use function return value in write context in /home2/kachingl/public_html/demoshelter/wp-content/plugins/shortcoder/admin/edit.php on line 144

So as near as I can tell, it’s currently impossible for us to even login, so we aren’t able to even disable Shortcoder to bring the site back.

Suggestions?

Hi Robio,

Looks like you are using an older version of PHP.

Anyways, to get going please edit the following line in shortcoder/admin/edit.php line 144

Replace trim( $post[ 'post_title' ] ) with $post[ 'post_title' ]

I’ll issue a fix shortly.

Robio
    Participant

Thanks Aakash.

Any idea how I get into my WordPress blog to make these edits when I get this error even on the wp-login page?

You can use the file manager provided by your web host (control panel) or use FTP to access the file.

Robio
    Participant

*head-desk*
    Should have realized that.
    Cheers!

But this code path is hit only when you save the post. I wonder why even login is not working for you.

Robio
    Participant

Yep, that’s weird. Even weirder, I made your suggested edit, and I can now reach the login page and log in, but the rest of the blog still returns the same error. I tried quoting my change with a few lines either side for context, so you could make sure it looks right, but each time I hit Submit here in the forum, the page reloaded and my reply wasn’t there.

EDIT: here’s a screenshot

View post on imgur.com

Robio
    Participant

Scratch that. Forgot to save. Don’t know why wp-login was working.

(Who’s an idiot? >>>THIS GUY<<<)

Ok, so everything works now ?

Robio
    Participant

Yep. All good. I’m going to update the PHP too, so I’ll bookmark this conversation so I can change edit.php back before I do.

Cheers! And thanks! Shortcoder has been very helpful for us!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Subscribe for updates

Get updates on the WordPress plugins, tips and tricks to enhance your WordPress experience. No spam. View newsletter