Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi, I recently installed Shortcoder (4.1.8) on WP 4.9.8 and created a bunch of Shortcodes. However, I’d like to modify the name of some of them, but I’m unable to edit any that already exist.

I can click into the Name field, but I can’t edit the Name value. Nothing happens. It lets me change the “Your shortcode is” value, but when I click Save Settings, it doesn’t actually save it, despite saying that it saved successfully. I can change the Content value, and that saves correctly. I can also delete them without issue.

Tried in latest Firefox and Chrome browsers.

Any help? Thanks.

Hi gt1020,

Once shortcode is created, the “shortcode name” cannot be edited by default always. It is not a behavior change in 4.1.8

The reason is, once shortcode is created, most people will insert them into posts and pages. Later if the shortcode name is changed, then all the shortcodes in all the pages have to be edited.

To avoid this shortcode name cannot be edited.

To go forward in your case, you can create a new shortcode with the new name and copy paste the old shortcode content and delete the old one.

This way is preferred because people are aware that the old shortcode won’t work and new one has to be replaced in all the posts and pages.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I also encountered the same problem as you. Can anybody help me solve this problem.
    fnaf world

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Subscribe for updates

Get updates on the WordPress plugins, tips and tricks to enhance your WordPress experience. No spam. View newsletter