Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    • Author

Hi,

Firstly, after a long hunt, this is by far the best Social plugin, by a huge margin – Kudos for all your great work.

I’m trying to ideally look for a Social plugin that also gives the same functionality within Custom Content types and in particular, bbPress Topic types.

Is there a way that WP Socializer can be made to do this without too much (if at all) hacking. Hacking I find is likely to be forgotten when it comes update time and things get lost.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Martin

Hello,

Thanks for trying WP Socializer. Actually, I cant get your question. Due to want WP Socializer to run in “Custom post types” ??

I didn’t understand the term “bbPress Topic types” ??

Thank you.

Anonymous

Well, essentially I’d like to display the same functionality for bbPress Topic posts as I currently have for both Pages and WP Posts.

I presumed that because bbPress Topics are some sort of custom content type, that was why WP Socializer didn’t display within bbPress Topic posts.

Thanks for your patience and interest.

WP Socializer is a WordPress plugin which works with WordPress.

Thought bbpress is integrated with WordPress, the core code is different. So WP Socializer works only with WordPress.

For your idea, i found a social sharing plugin for bbpress. Try using that plugin. I am sure it will satisfy you.

bbpress plugin: http://bbpress.org/plugins/topic/social-it/

Anonymous

While on the subject of Custom Post/Content Types, WP 3.x still does have the ability to allow the site owner to create new content types.

Such as Reviews, Products or anything you like.

How can we get WP Socializer to work with them, since it looks like it only does Posts and Pages at the moment?

I’vent tested WP Socializer on WordPress custom post types. Ill soon update on this issue.

Anonymous

Way cool – thank you so much.

That’ll be fantastic! 😀

rastarr wrote:

Way cool – thank you so much.

That’ll be fantastic! 😀

Hi rastarr,

Please note that WP Socializer works in all pages or places where there the function is called in the theme.

Simply make sure that the theme you use or the page of the custom post has the above function mentioned.

Instead, you can also use WP Socializer’s template functions also.

Use anywhere in the template which is used by the custom post type.

Thank you.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    • The topic ‘WP Socializer and custom content types’ is closed to new replies.

Subscribe for updates

Get updates on the WordPress plugins, tips and tricks to enhance your WordPress experience. No spam. View newsletter