Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author

We started experiencing some odd behaviors with the FB and Twitter buttons on the WP Socializer 2.4.9 buttons, with WordPress 3.5.2.

We can still properly share blog posts using the LinkedIn button, and everything gets pushed properly, including the blog profile picture and the URL parses fine as well.

However, when attempting to do the same using the DB or Twitter buttons, the URL does parse correctly and we don’t get the WP site’s default thumbnal image or any of the post’s text listed

This all began within the last 30 days, because our last blog post was on June 7th, and that was properly shared to Facebook and Twitter and all the image and URL formatting were passed properly through the WP Socializer buttons without issue.

However, upon trying to share out the blog post created today, attempts to share using the FB button result in the URL being shortened (i.e. http://t.co/TLzk9p66rs) along with no additional images or text references to the blog post being shared to FB.

WP Socializer Version: 2.4.9

WP Version: 3.5.2

Any ideas what might be broken?

Anonymous

One correct. This issue ONLY appears to be happening with the Facebook button, so I’m wondering if code relative to the FB share button was modified recently? Or could this have anything to do with the recent Open Graph feature updates rolled out by FB?

Hello,

Can you please post a screenshot of the issue ??? I’ll look through it…

Anonymous

Hi Aakash,

I think I’m seeing what’s going on, but have no idea WHY it’s happening.

When I try to share a WordPress post to Facebook, using the WP Socializer button, it send the referring post to the http://www.facebook.com/sharer/sharer.php page, BUT it sends it as a TWITTER shortened URL, instead of the normal Facebook readable one (I am attaching an image).

Anonymous

Actually I’m seeing there’s no way to upload an image to this message board. Is there a way for me to message you directly, so I can show you?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • The topic ‘WP Socializer 2.4.9 buttons "broken" with WP 3.5.2?’ is closed to new replies.

Subscribe for updates

Get updates on the WordPress plugins, tips and tricks to enhance your WordPress experience. No spam. View newsletter