Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello,

Thank you for a very useful plugin!

I occasionally get this error in admin, usually after a period of inactivity:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function add_cap() on null in C:\xampp\htdocs\cnyrpdb.org\wp-content\plugins\shortcoder\includes\updates.php:185 Stack trace: #0 C:\xampp\htdocs\cnyrpdb.org\wp-content\plugins\shortcoder\includes\updates.php(41): Shortcoder_Updates::register_roles() #1 C:\xampp\htdocs\cnyrpdb.org\wp-includes\class-wp-hook.php(324): Shortcoder_Updates::do_update(”) #2 C:\xampp\htdocs\cnyrpdb.org\wp-includes\class-wp-hook.php(348): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) #3 C:\xampp\htdocs\cnyrpdb.org\wp-includes\plugin.php(517): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #4 C:\xampp\htdocs\cnyrpdb.org\wp-admin\admin.php(175): do_action(‘admin_init’) #5 {main} thrown in C:\xampp\htdocs\cnyrpdb.org\wp-content\plugins\shortcoder\includes\updates.php on line 185

Depending on the page, there may be more lines after #5. The error always clears after a refresh of the page.

As you can see, I’m developing locally.

Hi,

Let me check this and get back to you. Please give me time till this weekend.

My initial guess is that some user role is invalid for which Shortcoder is unable to add permission.

Thanks,
    Aakash

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Subscribe for updates

Get updates on the WordPress plugins, tips and tricks to enhance your WordPress experience. No spam. View newsletter