Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    It seems like the widget shows too often.
    In other words it shows
    a) to the same user on all pages ALTHOUGH the user has closed the pop-up bubble, and
    b) to a revisiting user ALTHOUGH the “save state for duration” has been set to 30 days.
    Is there a way that the user only sees the pop-up once and if he/she closes it it will not show in the same session nor when re-visiting the page for the time duration set in the ” save state for duration”?
    Thanks in advance.

Hi there,

Thanks for trying UFW plugin. UFW plugin is designed to be always on collapsible popup. So it was designed to be shown always irrespective of whether the user has closed it or not.

I’ll sure add this to my todo list and see the efforts needed for this feature. I’m not sure if I can promise any date, but I’ll work towards to this request.

Thanks,
    Aakash

Hi Akaash,
    thanks for getting back to me. What a pity. If a user visits my website, sees the popup and decides to close it but continue browsing my website he/she will most likely be highly irritated if the popup appears on every page again and again. Therefore the plugin does not work for me and I wonder what the practical use-case for an “always on” popup is?
    Anyways, it would be great if you could let me know if and when this feature will be online.
    Thanks and all the best.
    Thanks,
    Pixelpusher

PS: As an interims solution I have just changed the settings to the button (I believe the always-on function makes sense in this case?).
    May I ask:
    a. is there a way to customize the position (i.e. custom height, or in left/right middle of the screen) of the widget button, and
    b. it seems like the text is not aligned (green line) in the centre of the button space(see screenshot https://ibb.co/t3X6mYQ). Is there a way to change that?
    Thanks, again.

Hi pixelpusher,

Popups in general are usually closed. Users open any popup manually. Considering this design, the plugin does cache closed state.

It is not often that users keep a popup always open.

I’ve considered this requirement. Since this involves placing cookies, I’ll research further on this.

Regarding changing the position, yes it is possible. Can you please share your website url?

Thanks,
    Aakash

Hi Aakash,

thanks, again.

Re popup I understand. My thinking was: let the popup automatically open after 30% scroll activity to be VERY noticeable for the user. And if user decides to close it cache this decision so user does not get interrupted by the same announcement, again. That way an automatically opening popup might be slightly more noticeable than the user having to discover the button and manually open the popup.

Thanks for looking into this.

Re the position this is the page: https://www.mbakustik.de/

Thanks,
    Pixelpusher

HI pixelpusher,

We can adjust the margin of the button-popup from the window sides using the CSS below.

#ufw_1 {
        left: 50px !important;
        bottom: 50px !important;
    }

You can change 50px as per your liking.

Regarding moving the popup to the center of the page, that would not be possible. This is because, the button and popup are tied together. So it is not possible to detach them. However you can move the button-popup together using the CSS above.

Thanks,
    Aakash

Hi Aakash,

Great. That helped.
    Many thanks.

Cheers,
    Pixelpusher

Great to hear! I’m marking this thread as resolved. Please open a new topic for further issues/queries.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘widget displays too many times (save state for duration)’ is closed to new replies.

Subscribe for updates

Get updates on the WordPress plugins, tips and tricks to enhance your WordPress experience. No spam. View newsletter