Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello Akash,

First of all, thank you for developing the shortcoder plugin. We found it suitable for our WordPress platform for documentation.

We have one observation that the shortcoder is only visible to an administrator. Is it possible that we can enable it for Editor and Author roles? If yes, can you please show me how to do that?

Regards
    Charudatta M.

Hi Charudatta,

Thanks for using Shortcoder.

Yes, you can give permission to other role to use Shortcoder.

FAQ

Q: Can other users create/modify/use shortcodes ?
    A: Yes, other users can create/modify shortcodes when the user’s role has the capability to create/edit shortcoder admin page. Plugins like user role editor can be used to set the necessary capabilities on the shortcode admin page to make the users create/edit shortcodes. Please note that shortcodes created by any user can be used by any user in posts and pages.

User Role Editor

Thanks,
    Aakash

Charudatta Mundale
    Participant

Hello Akash,

Thank you for responding to my query. It is working for Editor and other Roles. Thanks. I am buying this plug-in for our platform.

Just one more query. You mentioned that we can manage if/else conditions through Javascript. If possible, can you show one small sample to get an idea of how to use this functionality? This will be very helpful for us if it works.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
    Charudatta M.

Hi Charudatta,

Just a note that the plugin I suggested above is from a different developer.

Regarding using JS. I do not recommended it. It is just a workaround which is not SEO friendly. The condition is checked on the browser side.

An example shortcode content would be like below.

<h1>

<script>
    var data = 'hello';

if( data == 'hello' ){
    	document.write('Data is hello');
    }else{
    	document.write('Data is something else');
    }

</script>

</h1>

Thanks,
    Aakash

Charudatta Mundale
    Participant

Hello Akash, Is it possible to change the name “Shortcoder” to the one that we want, like “Variable”. I could change in the left menu. But, I want to change it everywhere. Maybe a plug-in setting to change it in one place.

Hi,

This seems like a kind of personalization request.
    Shortcoder uses “custom post types” feature of WordPress. So you can use any custom post type plugin to modify or alter the basic properties.

In your case you could use this plugin to change the interface labels.

Custom Post Type Editor

Thanks

QuickDraft
    Participant

Hello Akash,

We got our first client for our platform and shortcode is the most important plug-in for our platform. We are in the process of finalizing our platform and deploying it to their server. We are looking advanced improvements in this plug-in going forward.

Few queries:

Is it possible to give the bulk Edit action for enabling/disabling the shortcode? We have a use case where we want to enable or disable multiple shortcodes based on their prefix or suffix in the name.

Is it possible to set the Visual Editor as the default option when we access Shortcoder plug-in?

Regards,
    Charudatta M.

Hi Charudatta,

Happy that Shortcoder is being used in your sites.

1) Option to set default editor – This item is already in my todo list where users can go to a common settings page and set their defaults. This should be available in couple of months.

2) Bulk enable/disable – This is new to my list. I have added it to my todo list. I’ll sure implement in the future version ! Just to note that I can’t gurantee any time right now for this but should be available in next 3-4 months.

Thanks,
    Aakash

QuickDraft
    Participant

Akash, thank you very much for considering my request. Looking forward to the new release soon 🙂

QuickDraft
    Participant

Hello Akash,

We would like to purchase the shortcoder plug-in. We will be using it for our clients. I would like to know the cost of the plug-in as a one-time license and also a single instance license.

We are a startup with a new technical documentation platform and got our first client. As mentioned earlier, shortcoder will be a very helpful plug-in for the documentation (content reuse). So, we also want to know your future plans to enhance this plug-in. Is it possible for us to provide you the features/requirements that we observe with our customer interaction?

Also, it would be great if you can share your contact details. we will need to interact with you for further requirements.

Regards,
    Charudatta M.
    QuickDraft LLP (https://quickdraft.pro)

Hi @charudatta,

Shortcoder is a free plugin for now. I understand that you like the plugin a lot and thanks for that. Right now, enhancements are made to the plugin as and when users suggest them along with any critical bug fixes. If I think that the feature/enhancement will be a useful addition to the plugin and if it will benefit a majority of the users, I add them to my todo list and implement them over the successive releases (which happens every month/two).

But please do note that I cannot promise that the requested feature/enhancement will be available in specified time anywhere mentioned. Features are released mostly at my own pace.

You can contact me via the contact form – https://www.aakashweb.com/contact/

Thanks,
    Aakash

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Subscribe for updates

Get updates on the WordPress plugins, tips and tricks to enhance your WordPress experience. No spam. View newsletter