Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
    • Author

Hi,

Is there a way to use shortcodes within the Shortcoder?

This way we can call other shortcodes from other plugins/widgets, this would make Shortcoder a very powerful solution.

Now other shortcodes are not parsed.

Any suggestions/solutions?

Anonymous

Anyone….

Anonymous

Hi,

I am looking for the same solution.

Did you find a solution.

Anonymous

no i did not.

too badd the developer also did not reply or gave a solution…

Sorry for the late reply. Currently you need to edit the file for this feature.

– Open shortcoder.php

– Replace $sc_content_rep2 in line 122 with do_shortcode($sc_content_rep2)

– Replace $sc_content_rep in line 129 with do_shortcode($sc_content_rep)

Thats all.

Anonymous

Can you please fix this issue and push it to the repository?

I am going to be recommending this plugin to other people, but I can’t require them make this edit. Unless it’s fixed, I’ll be forced to fork the plugin and maintain a separate distribution. That’s a loss for everyone.

I even asked to do this on the plugin page: <a href="http://wordpress.org/support/topic/embeddednested-shortcodes-dont-work&#8221; class=”bbcode_url”>http://wordpress.org/support/topic/embeddednested-shortcodes-dont-work

But I noticed the lack of activity so I came here and discovered this thread.

Hello, I think this is a process which many won’t use.

Anyway, if you want to use this feature, then open http://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/browser/shortcoder/trunk/shortcoder.php#L122 this file and wrap `$sc_content_rep2` and `$sc_content_rep` with

`do_shortcode($sc_content_rep2)` and `do_shortcode($sc_content_rep)` respectively.

Thank you.

Anonymous

Aakash,

Your plug-in is very useful, sir. I can confirm it is working in WP 3.8!

However, nested shortcodes is a HUGE feature. And is very desirable. And I am certainly using it everywhere on my site. It allows me to use shortcodes from other plugins & themes. I am using it with Avada, the #1 WordPress theme on Themeforest.

Unfortunately – I had to modify your plug-in according to this thread for it to work with my theme shortcodes.

Would you PLEASE update the plugin to support this feature? I do not feel comfortable now having forked & manually edited your shortcoder.php file.

Please let us know. It is a huge feature not supported elsewhere. Thank you!!

Ryan

Anonymous

Hi Aakash,

Your plugin is great, and seems to be working fine in WP3.9!

But just to reiterate what others have said above, the ability to nest shortcodes is really really important and the manual editing of the plugins php file is a real hassle.

So please please please incorporate this shortcode nesting feature into the next update!

Many thanks, James 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
    • The topic ‘Use shortcodes within Shortcoder?’ is closed to new replies.

Subscribe for updates

Get updates on the WordPress plugins, tips and tricks to enhance your WordPress experience. No spam. View newsletter