Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I see that Announcer 5.3 is available, but the update does not appear on the update page. We’re using Announcer Pro. Any ideas?

Hi Jeff,

It might be possible that WordPress is caching the update request from our servers.

Can you please go to Dashboard > Updates and hit “Check again”?

Please do give it a day. If it still does not work, you can also manually download the plugin from your order email, delete the existing plugin and upload it (your existing data won’t be lost)

Thanks,
    Aakash

Jeff Rivett
    Participant

Clicking ‘Check again’ on the Updates page didn’t help. I’ll check again tomorrow.

Ian Miller
    Participant

Hi there. I’m also having issues upgrading. I deactivated and then manually downloaded from here, manually uploaded to the plugins directory via FTP and it all started working again. Thought I’d share in case it helps.

Hi Ian,

Did you try the “check again” from the Dashboard > Updates page?
    Wordpress should refresh its cache on the updates list after a day.

Thanks,
    Aakash

Jeff Rivett
    Participant

Clicking ‘Check again’ still doesn’t help for me.

Other plugin and theme updates are showing up and seem fine.

Not sure if it’s important, but when 5.3 first became available, I still had the free version installed (and disabled). I’ve since removed it, but maybe that confused things?

That’s strange. Since this is a PRO version, the updates come from aakashweb.com instead of WordPress. The plugin checks if the license key is valid and tries to fetch the new update file.

I have not received any bugs w.r.t the update system. I’ll keep an eye on this in the next version.

Thanks,
    Aakash

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Subscribe for updates

Get updates on the WordPress plugins, tips and tricks to enhance your WordPress experience. No spam. View newsletter