Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have a test site with:

1 youtube video embedded
    3 rss feeds entered with [srr_feed] shortcode

Test site url: https://imiza.org/rsstest/

Issue:
    Every time the video is played, last rss feed stops scrolling (animation).
    I tested with many more rss feeds. It is always the last one rss feed stops scrolling (animation).

Is this a known issue? Is there a workaround?

Hi,

Thanks for using Super RSS Reader.

I saw the page. The ticker stops because the main loses the focus.
    The video is an embeded page. So when you click on the video the main page loses the focus.

The users have to just click the page again to get going.

Thanks,
    Aakash

Saeyong Ra
    Participant

Thanks for your quick response.

I see, but it would be difficult for average users to predict that behavior… so would it be possible to automatically set the focus to main page? Any code snippet that can be used as a workaround?

Hi,

I can provide a code change. Please give me some time. May be by this weekend I can provide you on the same.

Thanks,
    Aakash

Hi,

Can you please replace super-rss-reader/public/js/jquery.easy-ticker.min.js with the contents below content ?

https://pastebin.com/6Bun5t5D

Please clear your browser cache/web cache and retry again.

Thanks,
    Aakash

Saeyong Ra
    Participant

Just tested the replaced content, and it is working great!
    Thank you very much for your quick update!!!

Happy that issue is resolved.

Your rating will be greatly appreciated !

https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/super-rss-reader/reviews/?rate=5#new-post

Saeyong Ra
    Participant

Hi, I just updated the plugin to the latest version… and unfortunately the previous behavior is happening again 🙁

I have replaced the jquery.easy-ticker.min.js file with the fix that you provided before again, cleared cache and restarted… but the issue remains 🙁

Is it possible to implement the fix with the latest version somehow?

Saeyong Ra
    Participant

Hmm sorry, strange… after a few more tries now it seems to be working.

Just letting you know.. It would be wonderful to have this fix included in the future updates by the way 🙂

Saeyong Ra
    Participant

I think, in Chrome browser, I have to clear not only “Cached images and files” but also “Site Settings” in order for this to take place 😉

Hi Saeyong,

The modification I gave was to ignore the pause when the window loses focus. This workaround cannot be made available for all.

Since you have youtube video and the ticker next to next, you are seeing the ticker stop when the youtube video is focused.

Please do stick to the modification for now. If there is any proper alternate way to handle this after my research I will implement the same.

Thanks,
    Aakash

Saeyong Ra
    Participant

Sounds good, thanks for your quick feedback!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Subscribe for updates

Get updates on the WordPress plugins, tips and tricks to enhance your WordPress experience. No spam. View newsletter