Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have checked the feed items, and all are shown. The feed is https://www.northampton-business-directory.com/feed/ but the widget which can be seen on the RH side at https://www.northampton-business-directory.com/one-to-one-photographic-courses/ is not updating with later posts.

I am not technical so assume I have done something wrong? It has been working fine before.

Guidance appreciated

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thanks for using Super RSS Reader.

RSS Reader caches the feed for 12 hours.

FAQ

It seems the RSS feed was updated very recently which is less than 12 hours.

The latest one with title TJ Marketing is added on Thu, 23 Feb 2023 10:02:51 +0000. I would suggest wait for a day for the cache to expire and the reader would fetch the latest feed.

Please let me know if you are expecting something else.

Thanks,
    Aakash

Pete
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for your fast response.

Yes, it has been updated now, but in the settings, I had set this to “once hourly”?

Regards
    Pete

Pete
    Participant

A couple of off-topic points.
    Is it possible to show a full-size miniature image of the logo?
    and could there be a gap between the title and the contents, or not show the title with the contents, ie “TJ MarketingIt all starts”

Regards
    Pete

Hi Pete,

Regarding “full-size miniature image of the logo” can you please share more details? I did not understand this requirement. Any example would be helpful.

You can also select “Content” -> “Thumbnail position” = “Cover” and see if it helps.

Regarding “could there be a gap between the title and the contents, or not show the title with the contents”, yes we can hide the feed item’s title via CSS or add padding between title and content.

Let me know which way you would like, I’ll suggest CSS code which you can paste in your theme’s additional settings.

Thanks,
    Aakash

Pete
    Participant

Hi,

Firstly, thank you very much for your quick reply and helpful answers.

I could not find “Content” anywhere to set the thumbnail.
    All the images show only part of the image, a thumbnail should solve this problem.
    Your suggestion of CSS sounds good, happy to try it.

Regards
    Pete

Hi,

In the widget page under Super RSS Reader widget, select the “content” tab. Under the thumbnail section you can change the thumbnail size to “cover”.

Please use the CSS below to hide “the feed title”?

.srr-title {
        display: none !important;
    }

Thanks,
    Aakash

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Subscribe for updates

Get updates on the WordPress plugins, tips and tricks to enhance your WordPress experience. No spam. View newsletter