Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Any chance we can use parameters for woocommerce

as of now $$title$$ is working as a woocommerce product title, but there is no way to add product tag or product brand on the shortcoder or I don’t have any idea how to achieve this with woocommerce site.

Ashwini
    Participant

Sorry for my spelling mistakes.

I realise after posting it.

Hi Ashwini,

Thanks for the idea. Right now woocommerce tags are not supported inbuilt.

I’ll soon add them to the plugin.

Thanks,
    Aakash

Ashwini
    Participant

Thanks for replying

I will be eagerly waiting for that update.

Ashwini
    Participant

Any ETA for this update?

Hi Ashwini,

Sorry for the delay. Could you please list down all the woocommerce related info you might need right now ?

I’m planning for a release for July month mid.

That release should have the basic and possible woocommerce parameters.

Thanks,
    Aakash

Ashwini
    Participant

Hello Aakash,

As of initial release, basic things will be helpful e.g. product_brand, product_cat, product_tag & product_attributes. (these things I need as of now)

other things that can be added: (maybe later)

product sub-category
    product SKU
    product short description
    product regular price
    product sale price

later on, woocommerce basic parameters linking functionality. (e.g. product_brand parameter linking to that specific brand as an anchor text, but there should be an option to keep it like normal text or linked text, this will be helpful for many user cases).

Ashwini
    Participant

Hoping this would help, sorry if I have given anything wrong because kind of a noob in this matter and don’t which things are possible and which not in the plugin stuff.

Hi Ashwini,

NP. Shortcoder is a simple plugin to condense whatever HTML/CSS you have to a “shortcode” which can be used in multiple locations.

The “shortcode parameters” as just additional features.

Before I implement the woocommerce the parameters I’ll sure go through possiblity and then add them or even more.

Thanks,
    Aakash

Ashwini
    Participant

Hello Aakash,

Any update on this?

Thanks
    Ashwini

Hi Ashwini,

I’m planning for an update next week before Sunday.
    Thanks for the patience.

Thanks,
    Aakash

Ashwini
    Participant

Thanks for replying aakash.

Hi Ashwini,

While working I found that integration with WooCommerce looks out of the scope of “Shortcoder” plugin and no other users have requested for the same. Also, there are lot of variables and it works only inside a woocommerce post. There will be more requests for specific customization of the output which is outside the plugin’s scope to support and maintain.

So I decided to not to integrate with the plugin now.

But since I promised you one, I wrote the integration for you which you can use on your own.

Please paste this code in your theme’s function.php file (or) shortcoder/shortcoder.php file (or) you can use a plugin like https://wordpress.org/plugins/code-snippets/ to use it.

Cheers !

Thanks,
    Aakash

Ashwini
    Participant

Hi Aakash,

Thank you so much for sharing this code

Can we add the provision of “product_brand” to show Product Brand in shortcoder?

‘product_brands’ => __( ‘Product brands’, ‘shortcoder’ ),

$metadata[ ‘product_brands’ ] = $product->get_brands();

I tried adding these two lines at their respective place to get it to work, but it breaks the plugin functionality.

Hi Ashwini,

Please try replacing $product->get_brands() with get_the_terms($product->get_id(),'pa_brand')
    I have not tested it.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/56276674/how-to-get-the-brand-name-of-product-in-woocommerce

Thanks,
    Aakash

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Subscribe for updates

Get updates on the WordPress plugins, tips and tricks to enhance your WordPress experience. No spam. View newsletter