Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    • Author

Hello,

I have an image inserted into the content of some of my posts, and when the I enable the WP Socializer plugin, the images are stripped from the content. I have tried various methods to see if I can figure out what is going on without changing the plugin code, but haven’t found a simple solution yet.

If I use the “Temporarily disable all WP-Socializer buttons”, and manually call the wp_socializer() in the template files, the post image and social buttons will show up, but the format of the social buttons gets messed up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Here is an example link:

http://wakodahatcheewetlands.com/2005/03/06/boat-tailed-grackle/

Wordpress 3.0.1

WP Socializer 1.0Hell

Soon i will look into the problem

Anonymous

I have the same problem, I use latest version of both WordPress and WP Socializer, for excerpt I use Advanced Excerpt.

My solution is to disable WP Soc. in the settings for the plugin, not from the plugins page, then manually load WP Soc. stylesheet with (place in header between and );

Code:

and then call it manually with;

Code:

<?php
      if(function_exists(‘wp_socializer’)){
      echo wp_socializer(‘social-bts-32px’);
      }
      ?>

Perhaps not the best way, but the only way to prevent it from disable the images-part.

Anonymous

darthmortar wrote:

I have the same problem, I use latest version of both WordPress and WP Socializer, for excerpt I use Advanced Excerpt.

My solution is to disable WP Soc. in the settings for the plugin, not from the plugins page, then manually load WP Soc. stylesheet with (place in header between and );.

Thank you darthmortar, I will give that a try for now. 🙂

I didn’t experience this problem in my localsite and even i saw the image in the page you linked.

I tested the plugin in every different setting and placement and it worked well in all cases.

Can you please mention the template conditions i.e show in excerpt, show in tag, show in posts etc .

Also mention the position (above or below)

This will narrow my debugging. Thanks for your time

Anonymous

vaakash wrote:

I didn’t experience this problem in my localsite and even i saw the image in the page you linked.

I tested the plugin in every different setting and placement and it worked well in all cases.

Can you please mention the template conditions i.e show in excerpt, show in tag, show in posts etc .

Also mention the position (above or below)

This will narrow my debugging. Thanks for your time

The image is currently showing on the page I linked to because I have to plugin set to “Temporarily disable all WP-Socializer buttons”, and manually call wp_socializer() in the template file. If I do not disable the buttons, then the post image will now show up.

I am currently creating a child theme from the Twenty Ten theme. In my single.php template file, I am mainly using the standard loop functions, and call the wp_socializer() above and below the post.

Code:

if ( have_posts() )
      while ( have_posts() ) :
      the_post();

get_template_part( ‘nav’, ‘single’ );
      ?>

<div id="post-” >

<?php
      if (function_exists(‘wp_socializer’)){
      echo wp_socializer(‘template-1’);
      }
      ?>

Thank you for your time, and I hope this helps!

I tested the plugin in all the versions of TwentyTen theme with some images in the post. But everything worked fine for me. Actually, no filtering is made to the content when printing the content. A simple and recommended concept of inserting buttons above/below post is followed in WP Socializer plugin.

Only some custom modifications are made to the post excerpt. When the excerpt contains a text, some filtering of tags are made when displaying. When the post contains no excerpt, no filtering is made.

This is made to for a major unknown bug. I think this can cause problem to the posts. Please check whether the post contains excerpt or not.

Thank you !

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    • The topic ‘Post Image Stripped From Content’ is closed to new replies.

Subscribe for updates

Get updates on the WordPress plugins, tips and tricks to enhance your WordPress experience. No spam. View newsletter