Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello,

Your floating sharebar has problems.

1. Once I add an icon to display, I cannot then remove it.

2. Offset from the window option does not work at all, regardless what values I input.

3. The floating sharebar does not align correctly to the floating followbar. On my site the latter is on the right, and the former is more to the right, which cannot be corrected using the offset from the window option as described above. Screenshot here: https://ibb.co/bKz70Gf

4. Why the sharebar cannot be aligned in the middle of the page (left or right) as it can be done with the follow bar?

Thanks,
    P.

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your time on the suggestions.

I’ll get back to you on this in a day.

Thanks,
    Aakash

Hi Peter,

#1 – You should see a “trash” icon next to the “cog”. Please see screenshot below.

wp socializer delete icon

#2 – You have set offset as 90% from the left of the page. Can you please set it to something like 10px ? If you want the floating sharebar to the right side, select right side.

#3 & #4 – On small/mobile screens, the floating sharebar goes to the top corner and hides itself. Users can select the bar to show again. You can set below CSS to show it in the middle in small screen like in the screenshot.

@media only screen and (max-width: 800px) {
        .wpsr-sb-vl .wpsr-sb-inner{
            transform: translateY(50%) !important;
            margin-top: -50% !important;
            padding: 0 10px !important;
        }
    }

Thanks,
    Aakash

Peter
    Participant

Hello,

Thanks for the responses. Mine follow.

1. I did that, however it takes multiple clicks for the trash can to actually work.

2. I had it at 10%, both left and right, still does not work as expected. The icons of the sharebar never line up with those of the followbar. At 10% and left, still closer to left corner than the followbar is to the right corner. Same on your screenshot.

3. 4. Will take a look.

5. You should have the SAME position controls for the sharebar as you have for the followbar.

Hi Peter,

1. hmm.. that should not happen. I’ll check it out.

2. Hmm.. like lining up both the follow bar and the sharebar will confuse the user and not an ideal use case. The bars will overlap each other and users might not know what icon does what. So the ideal configuration in all websites is on the left side, they keep the “sharebar” which shares the page. On the right they keep the “follow bar” to follow the user/org on social media sites.

Anyway in case, you need to line up both the bars, you have to keep floating sharebar with offset 20px. This is overlap the bars. You have to use custom CSS to align them in the line.

5. Not many people have requested this for “sharebar”. Usually they are on the middle of the page near the edge. Anyways, I’ll consider this request and see the possibilities.

Thanks,
    Aakash

Peter
    Participant

Hello,

1. I do not want them to overlap, but want them.tonhave the same.distance from the edge of the screen if opposite from one another or if one above the other (vertically).

You have great controls for the followbar and you should implement them to the sharebar as well. I see no reason why not.

There is no change with 20%.This is why I had it at 90% to make sure it does not work, which it doesn’t. These values change nothing on my Chrome, Android 10, Samsung Galaxy Note 10+.

Thanks

Hi Peter,

It is 20px not 20%.

Please try 20px from the left side.

Thanks,
    Aakash

Peter
    Participant

Thanks,

Works on the desktop, but not on my cell.

Given that the followbar works identically well on desktops, laptops, handhelds, etc. is one of the reasons why I recommended you implement the same placing options it has to the sharebar.

Please paste the CSS I shared earlier.

Paste it under wp socializer – settings – additional css

Peter
    Participant

OK, that worked, BUT, the grouping signs for both the share and follow bars do not align when displayed on the same side of the page.

Also, when chosen to show ungrouped, the “-” sign is not in line with the rest of the icons. Also, it is constsantly visible, when the same is not for the followbar. If I choose to display both in grouped mode, the 2 icons appear misaligned.

Again, it would serve everyone best if you apply the same logic (in terms of positioning, display, grouped/ungrouped signs,etc.) you used in the followbar to the sharebar.

I am disabling the sharebar until/if you decide to implement what I suggest and what makes sense.

Thanks

I would like to help.

Can you please share any screenshot ? That would be much easy for me to interpret since the sharebar is disabled right now on your setup.

Thanks,
    Aakash

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Subscribe for updates

Get updates on the WordPress plugins, tips and tricks to enhance your WordPress experience. No spam. View newsletter