Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi,
    Can I get the full css script for the plugin please? (I’m using the pro version). I want to make it a bit more trendy. And which wp theme do you think is the best suitable for this plugin? I have tested so many of them, but can’t fit the plugin properly. The gaps between title and thumbnail look unprofessional, unfortunately.

Also, can I add sharing and saving for later buttons for each feed, please? Have you got these options available? Thanks a lot.

Hi Muntakim,

Thanks for using Super RSS Reader.

The plugin is tested in multiple themes, but sometimes themes have their own style which may override the plugin’s style causing some alignment issue.

You can find the CSS style in this location <your website>\wp-content/plugins/super-rss-reader-pro/public/css/style.css

If you want to customize the styles as per your theme then I would not suggest making the change directly in the CSS file. When you upgrade the plugin the changes might be lost.

So you can write the CSS and paste it in the theme settings.

Regarding adding “sharing buttons”, SRR supports WordPress hooks – https://www.aakashweb.com/docs/super-rss-reader/actions-filters/#srr_mod_item_html using this hook you can write some PHP code to add stuff before/after feed item. Let me know if you need any help.

Thanks,
    Aakash

Muntakim Siddiqui
    Participant

Hi Akash,
    Thanks for your quick reply. It’s really helpful. I have made a few changes with shortcode and CSS.

Anyway, I do need your help, please. I am not good with php at all. Can you please write me the script, please? For both Sharing button and the Save for later?

By the way, I have using Pro version. Any change made would stay, isn’t it?

Hi Muntakim,

Good that the CSS changes worked.
    These actions/filters must be added to your theme’s functions.php file. So even when the plugin upgrades, the changes will remain.

My guess is that the changes you are requested might be something beyond the plugin’s scope.
    The actions/filters are available so that users can tinker and add stuff beyond what the plugin provides.

Regarding sharing buttons and “save for later” can you please share anything which I can refer or mention the exact requirements ?

If the changes are simple then I can write them for you, otherwise I can let you know the efforts needed.

Thanks,
    Aakash

Muntakim Siddiqui
    Participant

It’s like your wp socializer, only for the individual feed item on SRR. I know it can be done by php but as I said I’m not good with it at all (just started to learn this). Please write it for me, if it’s not a big hassle for you.

By the way, I probably need to buy another license for SRR. Do I have to pay for it separately or it can be bundled with €49 one? Thanks

Yeah, it is similar to that.

It would be helpful if you can share the specifics like what icons/services you need, URL of the icon images
    (or is it font icon ?), your website URL etc.
    Also, which service you are using for “save for later”. Anything in specific ? does that website provide API to pass links i.e http://savelater .com/save?url=my_url ?

If you can share these details, I can start on this.

With $49 license (plus license) you can use SRR in 10 websites.
    You can upgrade your existing license (1 site to 10 sites) here – https://www.aakashweb.com/renew/ The previous license cost will be subtracted.

You can also buy a new license if you need fresh license key for 10 sites here – https://www.aakashweb.com/wordpress-plugins/super-rss-reader/

Thanks,
    Aakash

Muntakim Siddiqui
    Participant

Check this on Flipboard. Under the main picture, you’ll see some options to share or save to read it later. It should be an easy one, but I am an uneducated website developer 🙂

By the way, thanks for the tip on SRR licence.

Muntakim Siddiqui
    Participant

Hi Aakash,
    I hope you get some time to solve my previous question. Now, I have been trying to create an overflow menu for .srr-tab-wrap with css. But doesn’t matter how much I try, on the mobile devices it goes vertically not horizontally. What can I do to keep it working with overflow-x? Thanks

Hi Muntakim,

Sorry for the delay. I got side tracked by other issues.

Regarding the share menu requirement, I’ll get back to you for sure by this weekend with the code.

W.R.T the overflow menu, I’m not sure if that is related to the plugin. Can you please share your website URL where I can see the issue ?

Thanks,
    Aakash

Hi Muntakim,

Please find the code below. Copy the code between <?php and ?> and paste it in your theme’s function.php file

https://gist.github.com/vaakash/26b4962ac011e70a531981d2819ce0a2

This would add share and save links like below.

Feel free to modify and work with the code, add custom styles, change image etc as needed.

Thanks,
    Aakash

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Need some changes’ is closed to new replies.

Subscribe for updates

Get updates on the WordPress plugins, tips and tricks to enhance your WordPress experience. No spam. View newsletter