Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Author

How can I make the sharing windows appear in little pop up windows instead of new browser tabs like on wordpress.com ?

Making the links open in a popup is a good idea. But certain websites are big and doesn’t fit the small popup.

But if you are using jQuery in your website, then use the code in the theme footer.

Code:

$(document).ready(function(){
      $(‘.wp-socializer a’).click(function(e){
      e.preventDefault();
      var url = $(this).attr(‘href’);
      win = window.open(url,’window’,’height=350,width=550′);
      });
      });

Thank you.

Anonymous

Tried adding it a few places it did not seem to make a difference. Pretty sure the theme is using jquery. http://themify.me/themes/itheme2 It’s this free one.

Can you please give your site URL ??

Anonymous

vaakash wrote:

Can you please give your site URL ??

This issue isn’t a huge problem. I just recently migrated the blog over to self hosting, and the feature on wordpress.com for easy access sharing without new tab was nice.

The problem is, you inserted the code in the header before the “jQuery” file loads.

Instead, remove the code from the header and add it in the footer. It will surely work.

I think the admin page of the theme itself has an area to insert custom scripts in the footer.

Thank you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • The topic ‘Make pop up window instead of new tab.’ is closed to new replies.

Subscribe for updates

Get updates on the WordPress plugins, tips and tricks to enhance your WordPress experience. No spam. View newsletter