Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Dear Aakash,

The Super RSS Reader PRO is doing the job just as I need it, but with one problem.

When I try to set filter rules, a popup opens – with this URL:
    https://crossborderrail.trainsforeurope.eu/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?action=srr_filter_editor

And that then gives:
    There has been a critical error on this website.

This is the error log that is produced:

[03-Apr-2023 10:33:37 UTC] PHP Warning:  Attempt to read property "id" on null in /home/XXXXXXX/public_html/WP-DIRECTORY/wp-admin/includes/template.php on line 2134
    [03-Apr-2023 10:33:37 UTC] PHP Warning:  Attempt to read property "post_type" on null in /home/XXXXXXX/public_html/WP-DIRECTORY/wp-admin/includes/template.php on line 2135
    [03-Apr-2023 10:33:37 UTC] PHP Warning:  Attempt to read property "id" on null in /home/XXXXXXX/public_html/WP-DIRECTORY/wp-includes/functions.php on line 7112
    [03-Apr-2023 10:33:37 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught TypeError: method_exists(): Argument #1 ($object_or_class) must be of type object|string, null given in /home/XXXXXXX/public_html/WP-DIRECTORY/wp-content/plugins/block-options/includes/class-editorskit-block-assets.php:202
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home/XXXXXXX/public_html/WP-DIRECTORY/wp-content/plugins/block-options/includes/class-editorskit-block-assets.php(202): method_exists()
    #1 /home/XXXXXXX/public_html/WP-DIRECTORY/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(308): EditorsKit_Block_Assets->filter_admin_assets()
    #2 /home/XXXXXXX/public_html/WP-DIRECTORY/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(332): WP_Hook->apply_filters()
    #3 /home/XXXXXXX/public_html/WP-DIRECTORY/wp-includes/plugin.php(517): WP_Hook->do_action()
    #4 /home/XXXXXXX/public_html/WP-DIRECTORY/wp-admin/includes/template.php(2143): do_action()
    #5 /home/XXXXXXX/public_html/WP-DIRECTORY/wp-content/plugins/super-rss-reader-pro/pro/keyword-filtering/index.php(56): iframe_header()
    #6 /home/XXXXXXX/public_html/WP-DIRECTORY/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(308): SRR_Keyword_Filtering::filter_editor()
    #7 /home/XXXXXXX/public_html/WP-DIRECTORY/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(332): WP_Hook->apply_filters()
    #8 /home/XXXXXXX/public_html/WP-DIRECTORY/wp-includes/plugin.php(517): WP_Hook->do_action()
    #9 /home/XXXXXXX/public_html/WP-DIRECTORY/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php(188): do_action()
    #10 {main}
      thrown in /home/XXXXXXX/public_html/WP-DIRECTORY/wp-content/plugins/block-options/includes/class-editorskit-block-assets.php on line 202

I am using PHP version 8.2, but the same error crops up in PHP version 8.1 as well.

Might you know what is causing this?

Thanks!

Hi Jon,

Thanks for using Super RSS Reader – PRO.

The log indicates that the error is observed in the plugin “block-options”. You can find the exact source file and line number below.

[03-Apr-2023 10:33:37 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: method_exists(): Argument #1 ($object_or_class) must be of type object|string, null given in /home/XXXXXXX/public_html/WP-DIRECTORY/wp-content/plugins/block-options/includes/class-editorskit-block-assets.php:202

To test this, you can temp deactivate this plugin and load the filter designer. It should work.
    I would suggest checking this issue with “block options” team regarding the issue at line 202 in class-editorskit-block-assets.php.

Thanks,
    Aakash

jonworth-cbr
    Participant

Hmmm, yes, deactivating that works.

Although I must say I am a bit confused as to why Super RSS Reader – PRO is the first plugin that has caused that issue with block-options.

Anyway, I can live without block-options, so it’s all OK 🙂 Problem solved – for me anyway.

But now this works… there is one more thing!

Would there be any way to add a filter for <pubDate> in Super RSS Reader – PRO? Basically allowing feed options to be constrained by date? I am using your plugin as a kind of quasi live blog – and having a date filter would be super useful!

Hi Jon,

The filter designed window uses the function “iframe_header” which is modified by that plugin. Hence the error.

Regarding filter by date, the requirements can get very complex. You can use PHP code to filter items based on any property of the feed item using “hooks”.

Super RSS Reader PRO has hooks which you can tap into and modify. I’ll document this and update you.

Thanks,
    Aakash

jonworth-cbr
    Participant

Hi Aakash,

I am not sure how general it is, but RSS feeds from WordPress have a date tag like this:
    <pubDate>Wed, 15 Mar 2023 12:20:55 +0000</pubDate>

And from Mastodon like this
    <pubDate>Mon, 03 Apr 2023 18:01:05 +0000</pubDate>

So simply a “all items that have pubDate that contains 03 Apr 2023” would be perfectly adequate for my purposes!

Thanks!

Hi Jon,

Yes, I agree but w.r.t date, there could be varied requirements from different users like “timerange”, dates greater than x, lesser than x, weekdays, weekends and the list goes.

Hence I left it upto the users to decide how they want. It is easy to do programtically than providing complex options.

It might be non-intutive, but most users won’t consume this filter.

I’ll write and share the PHP code which you can use by this weekend?

Please let me know the exact requirement, I can consider that before writing the logic.

Thanks,
    Aakash

jonworth-cbr
    Participant

Dear Aakash,

Sorry for the slow reply.

All I need is to be able to filter a feed by a calendar day – something simply like “03 Apr 2023”. That would work perfectly!

Many thanks!

Jon

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Subscribe for updates

Get updates on the WordPress plugins, tips and tricks to enhance your WordPress experience. No spam. View newsletter