Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
    • Author

Hi everybody

At the moment I am using the share bar a the bottom but I’d rather like to place social media buttons just below the content (photo and text) of my posts

[img]http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/786/schermata20120629a10020.png[/img]

However I am a bit confused on how to achieve this goal since there are no clear instructions to follow for a dummy wp user like I am 😳 !

Can somebody advice me about this???

thanks

Fabio

Anonymous

No suggestions at all ??? 🙁 🙁

You need to use the “Button codes” which is {social-bts-32px} for 32 pixel buttons and {social-bts-16px} for 16 pixel buttons under “Placement -> Template 1/2”

The template is you area, place buttons in whatever manner you want. If you find difficult use the “Inbuilt templates” and customize it.

Anonymous

I am sorry to say that this explanation is very poor.

Since it’s not described at all in the Settings section, I need a clear path on how to place the buttons in the area (below content) I want in my post pages only.

At the moment I have buttons showing ONLY in pages and not in posts despite I selected to have them in posts too

Also I want to have only the square icons showing (see screenshot below) and I want to add more social buttons

[img]http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/352/schermata20120703a16285.png%5B/img%5D

1 – do I have to select an Inbuilt template first?

2 – how do I understand which is the template I choosed? There is no Save command after the template selection has done nor anything that helps understand the template in use and everything remains quite vague….

3 – What’s next after Template has been choosen?

4 – What is “Buttons” section for and how the different sub-sections should be used?

5 – in “Placement” what is the meaning/difference of Template 1 & 2? And why icons of social media appear again…?

You should really make much better instructions, there are a lot of good features and maybe your plugin is the best but, for sure, the most difficult to use among all other social media plugins…..

In the start page, you can see the texts, its self explanatory.

One thing to say about WP Socializer’s feature. “It is infinitely customizable”. It does not offer a single set of fixed position and layout as offered by other plugins.

If you don’t like editing, then use the inbuilt custom templates. It has the combination of most used layouts.

If you think I need to do my own layout, then start inserting the button codes into the template 1/2 and change their pages of appearance.

Another opt is, if you need to tweak a inbuilt template, Select a inbuilt template and in the templates page, modify the button codes accordingly.

For changing the properties of the individual buttons, tweak it under the “Buttons” tab. Change each and every button under this tab.

In your case, the solution is

– Go to “Placement -> Template 2” (Can bt template 1 also not sure)

– You will see the button codes generating the “Like,tweet,google …” buttons with the “Share and Enjoy” title text. Just delete the entire content.

It is very simple. Change the settings under “Where to show these buttons?” section to target the visibility of the template buttons.

Just spend a small time and this plugin will be really useful for ultimate customization and usage.

Each button will have a unique button code, which generates the button. If you add/remove it the action happens there. Just simple.

There are two templates because, you can use one template for placing buttons above the article and another template for placing different set of buttons below the article.

If you wan both the articles above/below then select “Above content /below content”

Thank you.

Anonymous

vaakash wrote:

For changing the properties of the individual buttons, tweak it under the “Buttons” tab. Change each and every button under this tab.

This is not clear at all, where should I go to tweak buttons?

[img]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/165/schermata20120704a16474.png%5B/img%5D

vaakash wrote:

It is very simple. Change the settings under “Where to show these buttons?” section to target the visibility of the template buttons.

Despite I selected “Individual posts” and “Pages”, they only show in pages of my site and not in posts, which are far more important for me.

This is a critical issue for me, if I can’t have buttons showing in my posts I will have to switch to another plugin…

Do you think you can help me fixing this?

Anonymous

Vaakash

did you see my last reply? I posted it 10 days ago by now……

Anonymous

vaakash

I followed the steps as you suggest but icons still don’t appear in my Posts but only in my Pages, despite I selected to show them in Individual Posts too….

What can I do???

Just for a test, change your theme to “twenetyeleven” and check whether this happens.

I am saying this because, none reported me about this issue as it is a big problem with the plugin. But none reported and even I didn’t experience any problem when I tested in WP 3.0, WP 3.4 and 3.4.1 with nine different themes.

If the plugin works with the “twentyeleven” theme then there is no issue with the plugin. There is a problem with the theme you are using.

Another thing is, try enabling the “Show in excerpt” option, as many themes use the “the_excerpt()” function instead of “the_content()” function for displaying the post content.

Anonymous

vaakash wrote:

Just for a test, change your theme to “twenetyeleven” and check whether this happens.

I am saying this because, none reported me about this issue as it is a big problem with the plugin. But none reported and even I didn’t experience any problem when I tested in WP 3.0, WP 3.4 and 3.4.1 with nine different themes.

If the plugin works with the “twentyeleven” theme then there is no issue with the plugin. There is a problem with the theme you are using.

Another thing is, try enabling the “Show in excerpt” option, as many themes use the “the_excerpt()” function instead of “the_content()” function for displaying the post content.

“Show in excerpt” was already selected but icons didn’t show in Posts anyway

I tried TwentyEleven in Live Preview and icons do appear in Posts, so what am I supposed to do?

The theme’s author suggested to “insert the plugin scripts manually”; is there a chance to do so with WP Socializer?? If yes, can you help me do this?

WP Socializer has built in functions for manual placement. You can use them in your case.

I dont know how your theme’s template are organized, but Ill say the general method.

– Open themes/YOUR THEME/single.php

– Add this line

Code:

before

Code:

Reference: http://www.aakashweb.com/docs/wp-socializer-docs/manual-placement/

Thats all.

Anonymous

vaakash wrote:

WP Socializer has built in functions for manual placement. You can use them in your case.

I dont know how your theme’s template are organized, but Ill say the general method.

– Open themes/YOUR THEME/single.php

– Add this line

Code:

before

Code:

Reference: http://www.aakashweb.com/docs/wp-socializer-docs/manual-placement/

Thats all.

Yes, it works!!! Finally, it’s a nightmare that seemed endless!

Thanks 😀

Happy that the problem is solved. Your theme looks good but the coding is not good and needs more tweaking otherwise, the WP Socializer will work in a click.

Even I’ve spend a lot of time guiding you for the using the plugin well.

Note: if there are special characters in the “title” or “url” Twitter rejects that url. For ex twitter considers “#” as another parameter. So try using simple texts as title and URL.

Happy WP Socializering !

Anonymous

Hi Vaakash

I also need to put buttons in homepage, at the bottom just below the content.

[img]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/1962/schermata20120810a17560.png%5B/img%5D

I already tried by selecting “Show in front page” for Template 1 placement, but it doesn’t work.

How can I do this?

If this is odd, I would alternatively put the Share Bar but I’d need to have it only in homepage and at the bottom while leaving social media buttons in posts and pages as already set.

thanks

Fabio

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
    • The topic ‘Icons placement – some help needed’ is closed to new replies.

Subscribe for updates

Get updates on the WordPress plugins, tips and tricks to enhance your WordPress experience. No spam. View newsletter