Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
    • Author

When using the Facebook “Share” button, the word “Share” appears in line with the content excerpt… how to remove this??

can you please give the url of the affected page ? thanks …

Anonymous

Here is a URL: http://www.mikeshupp.com/music/

If you click the Facebook “Share” button, when the Post to Profile window pops up, you will see in the content excerpt that the very first word of text is “Share”… now granted, you can click on that text and edit to your liking, but I doubt most users want to be bothered with that, or will even notice that option to begin with. My question is why is that word there, where is it coming from?

I’ve done quite a bit of troubleshooting on this to no avail… Also, as you can see I have the Sociable plugin buttons at the bottom of the post — I have tried deactivating the Sociable plugin, but that has no effect on this issue.

Anonymous

Any thoughts on this? Anyone?

@taylor4814 this seems to be a serious issue. The word share comes from the facebook share button.. I am just finding a way to solve this problem .. its breaking my head !!! thanks for the bugs report, and i will soon solve the problem !

Anonymous

Thank you for checking into this… I look forward to getting it resolved… love the plugin!

Anonymous

Any update on this?

There is a way to prevent it from showing. But you have to do a very small editing work.

1. Open the file socializer-facebook.php

2. Goto line no 94

3. Remove the word “Share

Code:

—————–> Share <————-‘ .

(the arrows are just indications)

4. Save the file.

Also this is already corrected in the version 2 which is currently being developed.

Regards !

Anonymous

I made the edit:

Code:

‘ .

(it was at line 90 in my file, btw) however, to no avail — the word “Share” still appears in the content excerpt. Interestingly I’ve noticed it also appears in Google search results of my site, also when a Trackback is posted…

Any further thoughts?

Anonymous

Any further thoughts?

Anonymous

Update:

Well, the code edit made above, and repeated here:

Code:

‘ .

seems now to have done the trick… seems to be working. So perhaps some caching issue was involved, though I checked carefully for that at the time… but thanks again for your help!

I wondered why this is not working and i am breaking head to solve this problem. So it is due to caching uh ?? No problem. Thanks for using this problem.

Also note that, facebook is stop distributing the share button. So it is good to switch to the like button.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
    • The topic ‘How To Remove The Word "Share" From Facebook Share Content?’ is closed to new replies.

Subscribe for updates

Get updates on the WordPress plugins, tips and tricks to enhance your WordPress experience. No spam. View newsletter