Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

When creating or editing an announcement, how do you preview the design without publishing it?

Thanks,
    Mike

Hi Mike,

The preview feature is coming in the next version v5.
    It will be released in couple of days.

Thanks,
    Aakash

mikedj
    Participant

That’s great news. I look forward to the update.

Thanks!
    Mike

Hi @mikedj,

Preview feature is now added to the latest version v5.0

Please do upgrade to it.

Announcer – Sticky Message Banner, Notification Bar – Add to Top, Bottom of your Website

Thanks,
    Aakash

mikedj
    Participant

It’s taken me a while to get back to this, but I finally tried it today. Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem to work correctly for me. While on the “Edit announcement” page for an announcement, clicking on the Preview button opens the admin dashboard page, but shows no Announcer notification bar. I tried with Firefox and Chrome browsers.

When I hover over the Preview button, it shows /wp-admin/post.php?post=3712&action=edit#
    When I click on the Preview button, the preview page loads into another tab and the url is /wp-admin/?ancr_preview, and the content of the displayed page is the same as wp-admin/index.php. The Announcer Notification Bar never appears.

However, publishing a notification bar still works normally using version 5.0.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your time in checking and writing back.

I verified the feature right now in couple of my setups and didn’t notice any issue.

Announcement was displayed on ?ancr_preview the page.

I could not guess what might have gone wrong.

If you can create a dummy admin user and share me the credentials to https://www.aakashweb.com/contact that would be really helpful. I can check and get back.

Thanks,
    Aakash

Hi Mike,

That was indeed an issue !
    My test environment had a different admin URL structure making certain assumptions incorrect.

I have made the fix on your site. You can preview it now on your homepage.

I’ll release the fix this weekend.

Thanks,
    Aakash

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Subscribe for updates

Get updates on the WordPress plugins, tips and tricks to enhance your WordPress experience. No spam. View newsletter