Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author

I have set WP_DEBUG = true.

When I edit any existing sc shortcode, I see the following 2 errors on the top of the page.

Notice: Undefined index: sc_disable in …/wp-content/plugins/shortcoder/shortcoder.php on line 179

Notice: Undefined index: sc_hide_admin in …/wp-content/plugins/shortcoder/shortcoder.php on line 180

Then inside the form I see this error as well:

Notice: Undefined variable: sc_name_edit in …/wp-content/plugins/shortcoder/shortcoder.php on line 234

Looking forward to a fix!

Anonymous

Hi, dlt101,

Good day!

You’ll get lots of those with WP_DEBUG on. It’s just a PHP notice and doesn’t affect anything. You don’t normally turn it on if you’re on a production phase, so might as well turn it to false instead.

This I agree to be a plugin problem though but not really a bug.

To Vaarash, this is easy to fix and you might consider this as an update to the next version. It will only occur when WP_DEBUG is enabled:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Debug

The fix is simple this case. The warning is caused by you checking the value of an array item inside $_POST without first checking that the key exists. PHP is very picky when you give it the chance, and demands that you never access array/object properties that odn’t exist. When you want to use part of $_POST, like the sc_disable’ key that sets off the warning described above, you need to run isset() first. So instead of

Code:

$sc_options[$sc_name] = array(
      ‘content’ => stripslashes($_POST[‘sc_content’]),
      ‘disabled’ => intval($_POST[‘sc_disable’]),
      ‘hide_admin’ => intval($_POST[‘sc_hide_admin’])
      );

You should check if the key exist (isset()).

I maybe missing something, but hope this helps.

Thanks!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • The topic ‘Errors when editing shortcode’ is closed to new replies.

Subscribe for updates

Get updates on the WordPress plugins, tips and tricks to enhance your WordPress experience. No spam. View newsletter