Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Since daylight savings started (southern hemisphere), I have been getting the following error message any time I have a bar enabled with a countdown timer:

Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: DateTimeZone::__construct(): Unknown or bad timezone () in /home/customer/www/staging2.ozlitteacher.com.au/public_html/wp-content/plugins/announcer-pro/includes/display.php:277 Stack trace: #0 /home/customer/www/staging2.ozlitteacher.com.au/public_html/wp-content/plugins/announcer-pro/includes/display.php(277): DateTimeZone->__construct(”) #1 /home/customer/www/staging2.ozlitteacher.com.au/public_html/wp-content/plugins/announcer-pro/includes/display.php(134): ANCR_Display::countdown_timer(Array) #2 /home/customer/www/staging2.ozlitteacher.com.au/public_html/wp-content/plugins/announcer-pro/includes/display.php(85): ANCR_Display::html(5693, Array) #3 /home/customer/www/staging2.ozlitteacher.com.au/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(303): ANCR_Display::display(”) #4 /home/customer/www/staging2.ozlitteacher.com.au/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(327): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) #5 /home/customer/www/staging2.ozlitteacher.com.au/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(4 in /home/customer/www/staging2.ozlitteacher.com.au/public_html/wp-content/plugins/announcer-pro/includes/display.php on line 277

I did some digging, and was able to “fix” it by replacing the existing line 277 in the /plugins/announcer-pro/includes/display.php file with the following:

$countdown_time = new DateTime( $settings[ ‘cdt_countdown’ ], wp_timezone() );

I’m sure this isn’t a permanent solution, but it has removed the error and the countdown seems to work.

Can you please advise a permanent fix (and include in a future version)

wdenley
    Participant

Sorry, should have included that I’m using version 5.2 of the Announcer Pro plugin

Hi @wdenley,

Thanks for reporting. I’ll have a look at this issue and submit a fix soon.

Thanks,
    Aakash

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Subscribe for updates

Get updates on the WordPress plugins, tips and tricks to enhance your WordPress experience. No spam. View newsletter