Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’m using Colormag theme. All the colormag widget titles have a white color but the title colour in RSS Reader is black. I can’t have this because the standard layout is white on a blue background.

Here is a screenshot:

https://www.awesomescreenshot.com/image/47179882?key=f567fad04aaae76a2e1cbf0844bcf3fd

Please can you tell me how to make the title of the widget display like the other title? There is no obvious way in your options but I guess there will be some CSS to make this happen.

Thank You!

Hi Stephen,

Sure I can help. It is strange that the widget title is black instead of white.

SRR plugin takes the theme’s widget title format.

Could you please share your website URL?
    I’ll check the site live and suggest the CSS to correct it.

Thanks,
    Aakash

Stephen West
    Participant

So the website is thatchamtownradio.uk

The color of the title seems to be controlled by H3 but I can’t see how to make the font the same as the other widget headers provided by ThemeGrill. The issue I have is that if I change the title using for example H3, then it does make the title in the RSS app become white but then it also affects a ThemeGrill post display widget further down so that you can’t see the title of any posts.

I guess what I am really looking for is the ability to change the color/font/background and other characteristics of the title of your plugin without it affecting any other plugin.

As this is a development site, you are welcome to have admin access but please email me directly do I can send you the account details.

Hi Stephen,

I looked at the site and this is something not related to Super RSS Reader itself.

All widgets will have this issue.

The theme “colormag” is designed to apply the style only to “special widgets”. Please see the image below. Only widget titles “cm-featured-posts” are styled correctly.

You can check with the theme dev and share this issue (or) insert the CSS I spun up to address this issue.

.cm-widget-title {
    	display: -webkit-box;
    	display: -ms-flexbox;
    	display: flex;
    	-ms-flex-preferred-size: 100%;
    	flex-basis: 100%;
    	-webkit-box-pack: justify;
    	-ms-flex-pack: justify;
    	justify-content: space-between;
    	border-bottom: 2px solid #207daf;
    	font-size: 18px;
    }
    .cm-widget-title span {
    	display: inline-block;
    	padding: 6px 12px;
    	color: #fff;
    	background-color: #207daf;
    }

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Aakash

Stephen West
    Participant

Thank you for this.

Please tell me where to enter this CSS and I’ll try it.

What does it do?

Hi Stephen,

You can paste it in the “theme settings/customizer”. Most themes will have a section for this. Please check with your theme author on this.

This CSS will set the title style just like the “thatcham news” heading.

Thanks,
    Aakash

Stephen West
    Participant

Thank you Akash, you are a diamond! The plugin works perfectly and my only issue was just to get a common theme for the headings; which I now have.

This is not urgent but it would be nice to know how I can change the colour/appearance of the title on this RSS plug-in should I need to in the future so if you could give me a hint as to how to do that without the need to revert to you then I would be grateful.

I have been though a number of RSS plug-ins from the good, the bad and the downright ugly! I have to say that your RSS plug-in does exactly what it says on the box!

Thank You!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Subscribe for updates

Get updates on the WordPress plugins, tips and tricks to enhance your WordPress experience. No spam. View newsletter