Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello,

I’m pretty new to this but I really like your plugin !

I’ve inherited of the management website with a really old version of both wordpress and shortcoder (Version 3.4).

I wanted to copy and save all the shortcodes already written before updating but, when clicking on it in the edit window (Settings, Shortcoder), nothing appears in the edit windows.

Would you be able to help me retrieving all the code behind all the shortcodes already created please ?

Regards

Bastien Hugues
    Participant

Here is the link of the screenshot :

shortcoder-issue

Hi Bastien,

Thanks for using Shortcoder.

As I understand right now shortcoder has not yet upgraded right ?
    But when you try to edit the shortcode it shows nothing.

or is it that you have upgraded to the latest version of shortcoder but after ugprading the shortcodes are not present ?

When you upgrade to the latest version of shortcoder, the old data created in v3.4 will still be present in the database so it can retreived without issues.

If you can create a temp admin user and share me the website URL, username and password to my contact form below I can login and get it done for you.

Contact

I believe you wanted to upgrade to the latest version of shortcoder without losing any shortcoder data.
    Please correct me if I’m wrong.

You can also find some questions answered in the FAQ below if needed.

FAQ

Thanks,
    Aakash

Hi Bastien,

Sorry I saw your reply with screenshot only after I posted mine.

Since the version is pretty old, I myself forgot the old codebase 😀.
    It is better if you can share this information. I can check it live.

Create a temp admin user and share me the website URL, username and password to my contact form below I can login and get it done for you.

Contact

Thanks,
    Aakash

Bastien Hugues
    Participant

Hello,

Thank you for the quick reply.

Yes you are absolutely right, the shortcode pugin has not been updated yet, and I wanted to make manual backup before updating.

Unfortunately I won’t be able to create you an admin account for the moment, is there a way I could use to extract the information from the DB ?

Thank you so much for your help

Hi Bastien,

My guess is there might be some JS issue which is not loading the shortcode content.

Since you are anyways upgrading it to the latest it is not worth the effort to debug and find the issue.

Anyways, you can follow below steps to “export” all the shortcode data as a backup.

1) Deactivate the plugin
    2) Go to plugin editor –> shortcoder –> shortcoder.php
    3) Paste below line at number 172

echo '<textarea>' . esc_textarea( json_encode(get_option('shortcoder_data')) ) . '</textarea>';

4) Save the file
    5) Activate the plugin
    6) Go to Settings –> Shortoder
    7) You will find a textbox with a text at the top. Copy that text and save that to a local text file.

Thats it. You can then remove that code which u added and save the file.

It is not necessary to backup since even after upgrade the old data will still reside in the DB for safety purposes.

Thanks,
    Aakash

Bastien Hugues
    Participant

You’re the man !

Thank you so much for your help !

Regards

Cheers !

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Subscribe for updates

Get updates on the WordPress plugins, tips and tricks to enhance your WordPress experience. No spam. View newsletter