Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
  • Is it possible to remove it in the RSS feed itself ?

RSS reader will display the description as is. The plugin has no idea about the text.

Other suggestion I can think of is in feed.php search for below line

$desc = str_replace( array( "\n", "\r" ), ' ', esc_attr( strip_tags( @html_entity_decode( $item->get_description(), ENT_QUOTES, get_option('blog_charset') ) ) ) );

and replace it with below

$desc = str_replace( array( "\n", "\r" ), ' ', esc_attr( strip_tags( @html_entity_decode( $item->get_description(), ENT_QUOTES, get_option('blog_charset') ), '<span>' ) ) );

Then use the CSS .informations{display: none}

Thanks,
    Aakash

Ed Native
    Participant

Can you check on your site?
    [srr_feed urls="https://natives.chat/c/korean/26.rss" count="9" show_desc="1" show_thumb="1" strip_desc="30" rich_desc="0" add_nofollow="1" open_newtab="1" thumbnail_position="cover" read_more="0" thumbnail_size="350px" color_style="twitter" display_type="grid" grid_columns="3"]

I can’t modify rss and there is no this <span class=”informations”> – it is only available in the rss.

the only way is to exclude it by your plugin

Can you please try the suggestion I have mentioned earlier ?

Ed Native
    Participant

I replaced with your code, but all span elements are within the <p> tag and are not html codes – they are plain text

<p><span class="filename">image</span><span class="informations">1280×798 615 KB</span> </p>

Please hold on..

Revert back the change I last asked.

Now, paste these lines

$a = explode('KB', $desc);
    if(count($a) > 1){
    	$desc = $a[1];
    }else{
    	$desc = $a[0];
    }

after this line

$desc = str_replace( array( "\n", "\r" ), ' ', esc_attr( strip_tags( @html_entity_decode( $item->get_description(), ENT_QUOTES, get_option('blog_charset') ) ) ) );

Ed Native
    Participant

that worked, but sometime there is no KB, but MB
    image3500×2885 1.29 MB

Instead of this
    $a = explode('KB', $desc);

use this
    $a = preg_split('/ (KB|MB) /', $desc);

Cheers !

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Subscribe for updates

Get updates on the WordPress plugins, tips and tricks to enhance your WordPress experience. No spam.

🎉 Use coupon code BLACKFRIDAY and get 20% offer on Super RSS Reader - PRO till 30th Nov