Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I dont know anything about programming. Just bought the pro version. How do I customize it. no thumbnail imgaes showing up. Also want to add see more news after 20 news.

https://schaumburgexclusive.com/live-news/

google news
    https://news.google.com/rss/topics/CAAqJQgKIh9DQkFTRVFvSUwyMHZNSE0xYldRU0JXVnVMVWRDS0FBUAE?hl=en-CA&gl=CA&ceid=CA%3Aen

Hi NJ,

Thanks for using Super RSS Reader.

An RSS reader displays the contents of the RSS feed. If the RSS feed contains the thumbnail URL, then the reader will display it.

In your case you are using Google news RSS feed and I see it does not contain any thumbnail URL.

But Super RSS Reader has feature to pull the thumbnail directly from the article page.

Google recently made a change where the feed link goes to Google’s page and not to original article. Hence the thumbnail is not displayed.

I have written a modification plugin for this use case. I have sent an email with the details. Please install that and the thumbnails will be shown.

Thanks,
    Aakash

N J
    Participant

IS this how I enter the code in the block area (advaced CSS class(ES) of my wordpress site

[srr_feed urls=”https://news.google.com/rss/topics/CAAqJQgKIh9DQkFTRVFvSUwyMHZNSE0xYldRU0JXVnVMVWRDS0FBUAE?hl=en-CA&gl=CA&ceid=CA%3Aen” thumbnail_force=”when_absent”]

Richard Ellis
    Participant

Just purchased Super RSS Reader and it’s working great so far. However, images from one of my feeds are not showing… only the alt text from the image, along with the missing image icon. Maybe the modification plugin you noted in this thread can resolve this issue? Thanks.

Hi Richard,

Thanks for using Super RSS Reader. Could you please share the RSS feed URL for which no thumbnail is shown?

Thanks,
    Aakash

Richard Ellis
    Participant
    Richard Ellis
    Participant

Hello, Have you had a chance to review this feed or will the modification plugin work to solve this issue? Thanks.

Hi Richard,

Sorry for the delay. Somehow missed this since this was replied as a part of another topic.

I tried your RSS feed and I see that the RSS feed source is prohibiting the images from being displayed on another site. We can see error 403 (which is prohibited).

If you are not owner then I’m not sure if there is any hack to overcome this since this is beyond the plugin’s scope. I’ll see if I can come up with something.

If you are the owner of the website can you please check if there are any misconfiguration/restrictions?

Thanks,
    Aakash

Richard Ellis
    Participant

Okay. The owner of the feed? No, I am not. Just showing the news items from this source on my website. Thanks.

Ok. Let me see what I can do to help you here. I’ll update in a couple of days. Please bump if there is no reponse.

Richard Ellis
    Participant

Thank you. Much appreciated.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Subscribe for updates

Get updates on the WordPress plugins, tips and tricks to enhance your WordPress experience. No spam. View newsletter