Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author

Code:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘:’ in ../wp-content/plugins/shortcoder/includes/import.php on line 75

Shortcoder was causing the 500 error it seems, because after removing it my site works again. Then I tried to reinstall it from the plugin store. Shortcoder won’t activate because of the above error.

Anonymous

I was able to reinstall and activate the plugin (4.1) but when I do I get HTTP 500 ERROR. I had this problem in version 4.0 and you fixed it in 4.0.1. Now it has come back in version 4.1. Currently none of my shortcodes are working on my site, justinreinhart.com , because I have to leave shortcoder uninstalled for it to function.

Anonymous

Hi everyone!

I think it’s just a small bug. Here’s a quick fix.

1) go to > installed plagins > Shortcoder > edit.

2) under select “shortcoder/includes/import.php”

3) at around line 70 change this:

Code:

}else{
      self:print_notice( __( ‘Failed to decode JSON in imported data.’, ‘shortcoder’ ) );
      }

to this:

Code:

}else{
      self::print_notice( __( ‘Failed to decode JSON in imported data.’, ‘shortcoder’ ) );
      }

Thanks for this awesome plugin!

It well be great if the fix well be applied in a soon update.

Anonymous

Version 4.1.1 seems to have resolved any failure to activate plugin and resolved HTTP 500 error. Thanks.

@JustinReinhart, @Zvi,

Thanks guys actively working on it !

I’ve fixed the issue in Shortcoder v4.1.1.

Thanks,

Aakash

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • The topic ‘Bug: Shortcoder 4.1 has a showstopper bug. Won’t install’ is closed to new replies.

Subscribe for updates

Get updates on the WordPress plugins, tips and tricks to enhance your WordPress experience. No spam. View newsletter