Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi, for some reason I have a bar that will not show up on a product category. I chose it from the list, but it’s not working. Thanks for any help

Hi,

Can you please share the page URL ?

I can resolve it even quickly, if you can create a temporary admin user and share the username and password to my contact form below.

Contact

Thanks,
    Aakash

Jennifer Hong
    Participant

This is the link. I will also send you login info. FYI – I have another notification bar that will be deleting once this works :). Thanks

https://www.incandescentwaxmelts.com/product-category/scentsy-warmers/

Hi Jennifer,

This was indeed a bug when “terms of post” is selected.
    I have made a temporary fix in your site.

I’ll make the official changes in the next version of the plugin.

So now on product pages it is working.

Coming back to product list page, there is a problem with the theme itself.
    If you see this page – https://www.incandescentwaxmelts.com/product-category/scentsy-warmers/
    You cannot see the “wordpress admin bar” (or) the old announcement bar plugin. It seems the theme is doing something wrong which makes others not display anything.

Please report to the theme author that wp_footer action is not called in product category pages.

Thanks,
    Aakash

Jennifer Hong
    Participant

Will do, thank you so very much for your help and fixing so quickly. Much appreciated!

Jennifer Hong
    Participant

Hi there, Working very well so far.

Another question. What if you want one bar to overide another? They may share same taxonomies but you only want one to show. I tried using “is” and different “is not” but couldn’t get it to work so far. Thanks again. No rush, I have it all set up and removed my old bar.

Jennifer Hong
    Participant

Sorry, one other question :). When I hit copy bar, it does not fully copy it. It just copies the name and initial message – not any of the other settings. I want it to duplicate all settings, if possible and then edit it.

Thank you

Hi @jenniferhong,

Happy to see the announcements on your page 🙂

Regarding #1

So, there are two announcements which will be placed on the same page, but only one has to be shown right ?

In that case open the announcement settings which you do not want to show, location rules –> Hide in selected pages and select the posts/page. This will display the announcement in all the pages except the ones selected.

(or) select location rules –> show in selected pages, select only the pages where it has to be shown. (i.e do not include the page where it has to be hidden)

Regarding #2

The copy button is added by “simple copy post” plugin which is not supported by announcer. I would suggest not use that button as it is added by someother plugin.

Thanks,
    Aakash

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Subscribe for updates

Get updates on the WordPress plugins, tips and tricks to enhance your WordPress experience. No spam. View newsletter