Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    • Author

‘Add to favorites’ when added as a 16px button doesn’t work. It’s not surprising because in one or two of the source files it says ‘add to favotites’ or something like that. And the code doesn’t look right. Even when I changed ‘favotites’ to ‘favorites’ where I found it, it still isn’t working.

And how can I fix this now?

sidejack wrote:

‘Add to favorites’ when added as a 16px button doesn’t work. It’s not surprising because in one or two of the source files it says ‘add to favotites’ or something like that. And the code doesn’t look right. Even when I changed ‘favotites’ to ‘favorites’ where I found it, it still isn’t working.

And how can I fix this now?

Are you using the beta version ?

Anonymous

No. 1.0. This is the code in socializer-socialbuttons.php —

Code:

function wpsr_addtofavorites_script(){
      echo “
      function addToFavotites(url)
      { a
      var title = document.title;
      if (window.sidebar) // Firefox
      window.sidebar.addPanel(title, url, ”);
      else if(window.opera && window.print) // Opera
      {
      var elem = document.createElement(‘a’);
      elem.setAttribute(‘href’,url);
      elem.setAttribute(‘title’,title);
      elem.setAttribute(‘rel’,’sidebar’); // Opera 7+
      elem.click();
      }
      else if(document.all) // IE
      window.external.AddFavorite(url, title);
      }”;
      }

It says addToFavotites, with a ‘t’.

wp-socializer.php’s code is —

Code:

‘Add to favorites’ => array(
      ‘icon’ => ‘addtofavorites.png’,
      ‘url’ => ‘javascript:addToFavotites(‘{permalink}’);’,
      ‘support32px’ => 1,
      ),

Also favotites with a ‘t’.

I changed those both to the proper spelling, but it doesn’t make a difference; it still doesn’t work.

I can’t really upgrade at the moment on this site. I’ve made some changes to positioning and such and can’t go back and play with that now. How can I make ‘add to favorites’ work with 1.0? Thanks.

Actually, this bug is already fixed in version 2.0 So just try the v2.0 beta version and look out for errors.. Here is the link,

http://www.aakashweb.com/forum/wp-socializer-f22/wp-socializer-v2-0-beta-2-released-t333.html

Anonymous

As I thought would happen, ‘add to favorites’ still doesn’t work. I’ve got a whole lot of like ghosts or something of other social services I haven’t even chosen displaying under the ones I have. The social buttons are sitting in the middle of my text. If I choose a one click preset, it cracks the post and gives a button javascript error. And I’ve lost all the alterations I had to make in 1.0 to get that to work properly. And ‘add to favorites’, after all that, still doesn’t work. It just refreshes the page.

Sorry, bud, seriously don’t want to come across as too spiteful as I can see you’ve put a lot of hours into this plugin. You the man. But wow there’s some bugs hanging around with each release. I mean, you told me to update to 2.0 beta. So I did. This beta doesn’t fix the bug I mentioned in 1.0, plus it adds a whole bunch more. And I’ve lost the little tweaks I had to make to 1.0 to get that one right.

And it doesn’t seem like you’ve nofollowed the links in this version either. One of many tweaks that had to be done to 1.0. You can’t have 5, 10, 20, 30 links on a page pointing out to other sites.

Anyway…

sidejack wrote:

As I thought would happen, ‘add to favorites’ still doesn’t work. I’ve got a whole lot of like ghosts or something of other social services I haven’t even chosen displaying under the ones I have. The social buttons are sitting in the middle of my text. If I choose a one click preset, it cracks the post and gives a button javascript error. And I’ve lost all the alterations I had to make in 1.0 to get that to work properly. And ‘add to favorites’, after all that, still doesn’t work. It just refreshes the page.

Sorry, bud, seriously don’t want to come across as too spiteful as I can see you’ve put a lot of hours into this plugin. You the man. But wow there’s some bugs hanging around with each release. I mean, you told me to update to 2.0 beta. So I did. This beta doesn’t fix the bug I mentioned in 1.0, plus it adds a whole bunch more. And I’ve lost the little tweaks I had to make to 1.0 to get that one right.

And it doesn’t seem like you’ve nofollowed the links in this version either. One of many tweaks that had to be done to 1.0. You can’t have 5, 10, 20, 30 links on a page pointing out to other sites.

Anyway…

Seriously, this should not happen. Because, i released the beta after so many testing. And addtofavorites is fixed.

When the one click template is clicked, the previously made template will be over written. It will be good for me, if you give your site URL for more examination.

Also, please note that this is only the 2nd release. So there are lots more to come.

Anonymous

Hi,

Okay, I’ve gone back to 1.0 for now. I’ve looked at my site now in other browsers and see that IE9 and all Firefox browsers have this ghosting problem for 16px social buttons, like this —

<a href="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/856/wpsocializerghosting.png/&#8221; class=”bbcode_url”>http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/856/wpsocializerghosting.png/

As you can see, the image underneath, I think in the sprite map, appears. In IE8 I gave a CSS of

Code:

.wp-socializer ul li { width: 16px !important; height: 16px !important; }

and that fixes it for IE8 and below. But IE9 and all Firefox and Chrome browsers are showing that ghosting.

I noticed 2.0 doing that as well.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Edit: Okay, nevermind. I fixed it by removing image padding for .wp-socializer.

The padding mistake can also be due to the theme’s default CSS for the

• tag
    Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Subscribe for updates

Get updates on the WordPress plugins, tips and tricks to enhance your WordPress experience. No spam. View newsletter