- Displays complete information about next and previous post in a bubble.
- Post information can be hidden or shown specifically.
- Option to show post links from current post category
- Display more next/prev post links.
- Fully customizable colors and styles.
- 6 different arrow styles and 3 different bubble styles
- 3 different bubble transition effects.
- Keyboard navigation (Open the bubble/link on arrow keypress)
- Supports Custom Post Types.
- Scroll to bottom of page bubble flyout
- Light weight JS and CSS files, only 7Kb (CSS + JS)
- Touch optimized and works in mobile.
- No HTML/CSS knowledge required.
- Easy administration page.
Cross Browser support
This plugin is compatible in various browsers. It is tested from IE 7 to IE 10, Chrome, Opera, Firefox and it just works without any issue.
Keyboard navigation is one of the feature of the plugin. You can experience it in this demo site.
- Use the arrow keys to open the “Previous” and “Next” post bubbles.
- Press “Esc” key to close the bubble.
Advantages of using this plugin
- Increase in-links for each and every posts using the “Further posts” feature.
- Make visitors to engange in your site by displaying attractive next/previous post links.
- Increases the visiblity of categories and tags in hover bubble.
- Mobile friendly and decreases visitor bounce rate.
- WordPress version 3.0+
- jQuery version 1.4+
Help and Support
- Added option to show/hide bubble.
- New additional CSS setting
- Added new color picker in admin page.
- Using native `wp_is_mobile` function.
- Using CSS based arrow positioning.
- Fix some PHP errors when further posts are not found.
- Moved all links and resources to HTTPS.
- Added support for full-width featured images.
- Featured images are now clickable.
- Some code revision.
- New feature: Hide in mobile device.
wp_reset_query();to fix wrong post detection.
- Fixed hyphenation bug in meta details.
- Thumbnails now display without excerpt.
- Minor code revision.
- Fixed issue in clicking arrows in mobile devices.
- Added parameters to JS and CSS files to get new changes.
- Removed seperator being displayed when date is disabled.
- Enabled word wrap for excerpt in the popup.
- Added support for Custom Post Types.
- Further posts are now shown for “posts” also.
- Added option to hide the arrows in specified posts and pages.
- Source code revised.
- Excerpt trimming now works for all languages.
- CSS Styling updated for some elements of the plugin.
- WordPress notices are fixed.
- Plugin now stops displaying in static front page.
- Excerpt output code is revised.
- Very first version.
Buy this plugin
Advanced post navigator is hosted in Envato’s Codecanyon marketplace for a price of 10 USD. The plugin can purchased safely from Codecanyon and the installation procedure is same as for other plugins. The download package also comes with complete documentation. Real world usage and bought user comments are available in Codecanyon’s page.