- Docs & Change Log
- Create “custom shortcodes” easily and use them within WordPress
- Use any name for the created shortcode (ex:
- Use any kind of HTML as Shortcode content.
- Parameters can also added to HTML (ex:
<strong>%%mytext%%</strong> [sc:testing mytext="hello"])
- Visual editor for adding shortcode contents.
- Global tinyMCE button available in the editing toolbar for inserting created shortcodes.
- Globally disable the shortcode when not needed.
- Can disable the shortcode, showing it to admins.
An example usage
- Create a shortcode named "adsenseAd" in the Shortcoder admin page.
- Paste the adsense code in the box given and save it.
- Use in your posts and pages.
- Tada !!! the ad appears in the post.
- Using this idea, shortcodes can be created for frequently used snippets.
- You can also add parameters (like %%id%%) inside the snippets, and vary it like [sc:youtube id="GrlRADfvjII"]
- This plugin will be hugely useful to all !!
Installation and Usage
- Extract the zipped file and upload the folder Shortcoder to /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress.
- Go to the "Shortcoder" admin page. Admin page is under the Settings menu.
- Enter a shortcode name.
- Paste some code in it.
- Then use the shortcode [sc:"name of the shortcode"] in your post. ex: If "youtube" is the shortcode name, then just use [sc:youtube] in your posts
- That’s all !
Click the link below to download.
Documentation is written in a separate page. Please check that here.
- New feature: Embedded/Nested shortcodes is now supported.
- New feature: Full fledged native WordPress editor for adding shortcode content with media buttons.
- Bug fix: “duplicate percentage” in content on plugin reactivate.
- Updated admin UI with fixed errors.
- Updated “insert shortcode” interface is revised and some issues are fixed.
- Updated with translatable texts in admin page.
- Minor code revision and changes.
- Fixed bug in loops using
- Fixed several PHP notices.
- Moved the shortcoder admin page to the “Settings” menu.
- Some admin page issues are fixed.
- Changed the “Custom parameter” syntax from %param% to %%param%%
- Code revision.
- Maintenance release
- Plugin code rewritten from scratch.
- Shortcode syntax is changed.
- Supports any custom parameters.
- Admin interface is redesigned and easy to use.
- Added a tinyMCE button to the editing toolbar for inserting the shortcodes in the post.
- Can disable the shortcode to Administrators.
- Admin interface changed.
- Changed the folder name’s case and some minor bugs.
- Code revision.
- Initial Version with 5 inbuilt shortcodes.
(Previous versions are not released)