Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
    • Author

We recently applied the v2.4.5 plug-in update and the Retweet button no longer shows up in the Floating Bar, although it is still set-up correctly in the Settings.

Note: We did not run any other updates or update any code. The only update we ran was WP Socializer and the Retweet button immediately disappeared in the Floating Bar, although there is an empty space where the Retweet button used to be. All other Floating Bar functions are still in place and working accordingly.

Any fixes at the ready or in the works?

Anonymous

Just wanted to update this post for anyone that finds themselves in a similar situation. Aakash got back to me rather quickly with the simple fix for this issue:

Under WP Socializer -> Buttons -> Retweet & Digg, go to “Retweet Service” and make sure it is set to “Twitter’s Official Button”

It was as simple as that and all is good again!

:mrgreen:

Thanks Aakash!

It’s happy to see the plugin working there perfectly 🙂

Anonymous

The tweet count never goes up though, it always stays at 0. I verified it by retweeting this post and it still shows the count at 0.

The option to remove count from twitter button also doesn’t work.

Some sort of fix for this would be greatly appreciated 🙂

Anonymous

Just kidding… didn’t know it had a wait time before it shows 🙂

@ryanoc22 I already know that there can’t be any problem 🙂

Anonymous

I am experiencing the same problem. the upper and lower Retweet buttons correctly RT with the @ElectrifyMedia, but now the Floating bar retweet stopped putting the “via @ElectrifyMedia” in the retweet. I followed the instruction (Original Tweet button) here and it still is not working.

Please help.

Michael

Thanks for noting the bug. It is fixed in the version v2.4.6 It will be released soon on or before Christmas.

Thanks for the patience.

Anonymous

Any update on this?

âž¡ Update will be avaialble tomorrow. Thank you.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
    • The topic ‘v2.4.5 Update Breaks Retweet Function in Floating Bar’ is closed to new replies.

Subscribe for updates

Get updates on the WordPress plugins, tips and tricks to enhance your WordPress experience. No spam. View newsletter