Anonymous

Took me two days of fiddling and some lost hair but I finally narrowed down this problem to this plugin. Finding the actual bug in the code was pretty easy after that.

In wp-socializer.php on line 768:

Code:

$excerpt_inside_loop = substr(strip_tags(strip_shortcodes($post->post_content)), 0, 250);

and line 914:

Code:

$content = substr(strip_tags(strip_shortcodes($post->post_content), ‘

‘),0,250);

Those last arguments for substr cut both the excerpt and the full content too short and somehow this is affects the excerpt and content in the feed(s) too.

I realize the excerpt and content strings are cut since most SM services limit the length anyway. But as a simple subsrt shortening doesn’t actually identify words or punctuation, the content is being cut mid-word anyways. So I removed the subsrt alltogether and let the SM services do the cutting on their end.

But actually there’s are bigger problem here since you’re stripping all HTML from the content and thus, images or any formatting is gone from the feed too. So what I’m suggesting here is not a fix, merely a workaround.

Subscribe for updates

Get updates on the WordPress plugins, tips and tricks to enhance your WordPress experience. No spam. View newsletter