Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author

Hi,

my WordPress Version is 3.9.2 > Shortcoder 3.4.

Shortcoder not working in frontend!

Example:

BE PLUGIN:

%%myText%% »

BE EDITOR:

[sc:Button myLink=”http://www.designquartier.at” myText=”Mein Text” ]

Frontend – Website:

»

The parameters are not passed – space left blank!

Please help!

Anonymous

After spending FOUR HOURS looking at this, I finally figured out what’s wrong.

I mean, I wrote test code after test code, thought there was something wrong with the PHP str_replace() function… Or that %% was now reserved in newer versions of PHP or something, so tried ,, instead of %% … on and on.

Anyway, I determined that if you use mixed case (for example %%myLink%% and %%myText%%) that it will not work. I was using %%tipContent%%. Because what was being passed to the Shortcoder function was not what you put into your post. %%tipContent%% becomes %%tipcontent%%. Not the same!!

Why? This portion from the WordPress Codex about the Shortcodes API:

Quote:

IMPORTANT TIP – Don’t use camelCase or UPPER-CASE for your $atts attribute names

$atts values are lower-cased during shortcode_atts( array( ‘attr_1’ => ‘attr_1 default’, // …etc ), $atts ) processing, so you might want to just use lower-case.

So, use all lowercase. %%mylink%% and %%mytext%%. I’m surprised the developer used a mixed case parameter example right there on the shortcode editor page!!

Peace out. I have a headache now 🙄

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • The topic ‘parameters not work / transferred to the FE’ is closed to new replies.

Subscribe for updates

Get updates on the WordPress plugins, tips and tricks to enhance your WordPress experience. No spam. View newsletter