Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    • Author

My site, http://www.MMAWeekly.com/, has the WP-Socializer sharebar affixed to the bottom of the window for posts and pages. When clicking on the Facebook Like button (currently using “Button Count” style) the likes work, but the Facebook comment window opens to the bottom and is clipped off by the window, making it inaccessable so users cannot share the post on their facebook page, they can only click the button to leave a like.

How can this be resolved so that the facebook comment/sharing window opens above the like button similar to the way the google+ button works?

[img]http://www.mmaweekly.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Facebook-Comments-Clipped.png[/img]

[img]http://www.mmaweekly.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Google-Plus-Comments.png[/img]

Thanks,

Ken

Hello,

Thanks for using my plugin. The best solution for this problem is to hide the “popup window” completely when the like button is clicked because, it is a huge work to detect the edges of the screen and position the window accordingly.

The v2.4.9 of the plugin is on the way, I’ll add this fix to it and release it ASAP…

Thank you.

Anonymous

Thanks for the quick response. Hope to see a fix for it soon.

Anonymous

Updated to v 2.4.9, but the “fix” seems to just be to get rid of the Facebook sharing/commenting box.

Is there any chance that you would update the plug-in to make the Facebook sharing/commenting box appear above the Facebook Like button in the same fashion that the Google+ button sharing/commenting box appears above that button?

Thanks!

Hello,

Sorry it is not possible to achieve that. Google plus uses different method to show the popup and it is that button which automatically detects the corners. I didn’t do any manipulations there.

But, in FB like the popup is displayed within a iframe. It is not possible to manipulate a DOM element within an iframe from a parent window.

So either FB should design the buttons as Google+ buttons do. It is not possible to manipulations directly on the popup window.

Anyway the like will be registered on Facebook.

Thank you.

Anonymous

Understandable. Is it possible to have the share bar move up from the bottom when someone clicks the like button to reveal the share/comment window and then have it move back to the bottom once the comment is posted?

It sounds like a lot to ask, but I’m not a coder so figured I’d give it a shot.

Its upto facebook to do calculate the visibility and show the popup. It is not possible to directly manipulate the iframe content. Lets hope for the best from Facebook. Thank you.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    • The topic ‘Facebook CommentWindow Clips When Sharebar Affixed to Bottom’ is closed to new replies.

Subscribe for updates

Get updates on the WordPress plugins, tips and tricks to enhance your WordPress experience. No spam. View newsletter